Thursday, January 6, 2011

My first real dentist appointment

And I call it my first because this was the first time I have gotten a cavity filled. If you don't already know, I am petrified of dentists. Yes, I am a cringer, and I jump away from any type of contact with my teeth. So, I got to take some "happy pills" for my appointment. It helped a ton. I fell asleep on the way to the dentist, slept through the procedure, and after it was over, I could barely walk to the car, then fell asleep on the way home and slept most of the day. Bottom line here, I slept through it all and can't remember most of it. Now, that is the way a dentist visit should be! Ted told me I acted like I was drunk, and since I have never been drunk before, I got frightened at the thought. I always imagined myself as a mean drunk, but Ted said I was laughing, tripping over my own feet, and hiccuping. I remember the hiccups, because I tried to stop them, and I couldn't. It was pretty embarrassing. I don't know if I'll ever be able to show my face in that office again with dignity. Funny thing, the dentist is in my ward, and in the stake presidency, so that is inescapable, but oh man, I still have to go back for a second visit in a couple weeks. I am sure I will be hiding my face. After this experience, I have a even more firm conviction of never drinking. Even though I wasn't mean, just the fact that I can't remember anything and couldn't control my body freaks me out enough to never go there. Another testimony builder that the church knows what it is talking about...especially when it comes to the word of wisdom! :)

No comments: