These pictures make me laugh. I love them. The first one is of me and Ted this fall in St. Louis. It is the best most recent picture of us together. And, the second picture, as you already know, is on our wedding day. I look at the two and compare our faces, and we have really changed. Marriage has been good to us. I am so happy to see a few more smile and stress lines, and added weight to our bodies. Those are signs of a good life. I would sit and list all the things I love about Ted, but you would probably start yawning at number four. Oh, who cares...this is an anniversary post, and I am allowed to dot on my husband every once in a while. Besides, everyone needs a little public pat on the back at least once a year.
A Few Reasons Why I Love Ted:
(These are just the ones I can think of at the moment. There are many more stuck in my memory, but I can't access them.)
He makes up songs about me.
He sings to me.
He dances for me.
He cooks better than I do.
He laughs at me when I throw up, holds back my hair, and cleans the bowl.
He unclogs the toilet.
He is independent.
He is confident.
He is a go-getter.
He is self-motivated.
He is tall.
He is handsome.
He has big blue eyes.
He has curly blond hair.
He has red facial hair.
He's stubborn.
He's strong, inside and out.
He has big muscles.
He likes to cuddle.
He is very passionate about life.
He's adventurous.
He's not afraid of anything.
He's protective of me.
He works hard to make a living for our family.
He has integrity.
He honors his priesthood.
He is dedicated to his religion.
He is honest in his dealings with other people.
He doesn't like conflict.
He doesn't argue.
He's a leader.
He doesn't get mad.
He doesn't lose his temper.
He is gentle.
He has a deep heart and gentle soul, full of love.
He is easy to read.
He has the biggest smile, that lights up a room.
He has a great laugh.
He enjoys BBQing dinner.
He makes the most beautiful dinner creations.
He's creative.
He's open-minded.
He listens.
He likes to socialize and meet new people.
He has tons of energy, and puts it to good use.
He enjoys watching movies.
He falls asleep in movies (he catches the beginning and end-the two most important parts).
He likes to sit on the porch and talk after work.
He takes time to ask me about my day and find out how I am doing before he talks about his day.
He helps me do dishes.
He helps clean the house.
He takes out the garbage everyday.
He eats my leftovers.
He never complains.
He likes to find solutions to problems.
He likes to fix things, even if they're not broken.
He enjoys walking with me every morning, even after his hour long workouts at the gym.
He values my opinion, and listens to what I have to say.
He tries to make all my dreams become realities (I have a lot of dreams).
He loves me.
He cherishes me.
He respects me.
He adores me.
He's kind to me.
He's friendly and outgoing.
He makes friends within seconds.
He has a great memory for names and occupations of people he's met.
He kills the bugs and spiders in our house.
He texts me several times throughout the day to let me know how he's doing.
He calls just to tell me he loves me.
He puts me first.
He is selfless.
He loves his family.
He loves my family.
He loves his friends.
He loves people (in general).
He has a big heart.
He is forgiving.
He is understanding.
He is forgetful.
He is a sifter.
He doesn't like details.
He loves spending money on me.
He is thoughtful.
He is optimistic.
He is positive.
He likes to see other people succeed.
He strives to do and be his best self.
He is accepting.
He is open hearted to all walks of people.
He is Christ-like.
He is genuine.
He cares about people.
He smells good.
He cuddles me in his sleep.
He likes to fall asleep in the same position every night.
He kicks off all the covers, then steals them in the middle of the night.
He is hot (warm-blooded).
He gives me amazing foot massages.
He compliments me, even when I look or feel awful.
He is supportive of everything I do.
He never tells me no, and always comes up with a way to make things work.
He picks up odd ends and things at the store for me.
He never complains about how much money I spend.
He makes sure I have everything I need/want in life.
He enjoys Nicholas Cage, Matt Damon, and Angelina Jolie movies with me (and other action and adventure movies).
He even lets me watch chick-flicks without complaining.
He discusses plans and life with me, and we make decisions together.
He's an open-book.
He only takes five minutes to get ready.
He's a great kisser.
He's a man's man.
He's my best friend.
He enjoys spending time with me.
He makes every second count.
He plans fun activities to do on his day's off, and makes sure I am okay with them.
He opens doors for me.
He's a gentleman.
He's great with kids.
He isn't afraid to get on stage.
He's a great teacher.
He's an incredible public speaker.
He loves the youth.
He makes me smile.
He carries my purse for me when I need him to.
He carries the groceries and pushes the cart through the store.
He treats me like a queen.
He always lets me have the window seat when we fly.
He is patient with my navigating skills.
He keeps me connected to the world through nice cell phones, computers, and Internet.
He encourages me to do things for myself.
He loves when I get ready for him, and will still gawk at me.
He accepts me for who I am.
He doesn't try to change me.
He nurses me back to health when I am sick.
And, he lets me have pets. :)
So, those are a few reasons. I have many, many, more stashed away. Sure love you, Teddy G!
3 comments:
WOw! Pretty impressive guy. And I am sure his list for you would be just as long. Congrats!
Take this list of wonderful qualities your hubby has, add all of your amazing qualities, and you can see why I am sooo excited that you are expecting! Your baby is going to be one fantastic person and you will be the best parents. I love reading your stories, and hope that Hawaii is treating you well. Happy Thanksgiving!
Forgot to mention... gorgeous wedding! It looks like you took that picture out of a magazine! And congrats on your 5 year anniversary!!
Post a Comment