Tuesday, June 19, 2012

One week to go...going crazy!

 Time is wrapping up quickly! I can't believe how fast it has gone. 9 months has flown by! As you can see, little Baby Hesston is getting super close to meet the world. Can't wait for him to get here!
On Saturday night, I started having painless contractions. They were pretty consistent, so Ted jumped at the opportunity to load the car with our hospital and baby bags and install the car seat. This was at 11:30 pm (why he's in his garments), and not only did he get the car packed and back it out of the garage, he backed it up so that if I did go into labor, I would only need to walk out the front door and get right into the car. Well, no baby came on Saturday, or Sunday (which dragged by, because we didn't go to church because we were afraid to do too much).
On Monday, we called the doctor to find out what we should do, because I was still having contractions. They suggested we come in, even though we felt like the contractions were just false labor, or Braxton Hicks. The PA confirmed our suspicions, just false labor. I am 80% effaced, but not dilated, so we still have some time probably. I am going to wait until the contractions get extremely painful or my water breaks before we call in or go to the doctor again. It wasted half our day to get told nothing was progressing, which we already felt.
So, we are hoping that the contractions continue, because they are prepping my body for labor, and that things will keep progressing slowly. I hope to have baby Hesston on June 27th. We will see if I make it that long, but with the way things are going, we could have a baby tonight, or in a couple weeks. Ha ha.
Also, girls camp started today, and I really want to go up on Thursday to the testimony meeting. Hoping that Hesston will hold out long enough for us to go up and enjoy at least one night at girls camp.
All I can say is, since the contractions started, it feels like the days are going by a million times slower. The PA told me to take it easy, so I've been resting a ton, and getting a lot of reading done. But, I am starting to get antsy...like I need to be up and moving and doing something. I can't sit around for too long or I start to go crazy. I wish I could go out and help with hauling hay or at least ride in the tractor, but that will probably put me into labor. So, I guess that's not a good idea. I really want Hesston to stay in as long as possible, but I am going insane waiting at the house all day. Does anyone have good ideas of what to do while waiting? Anything to keep you occupied? Or mind busy so that you don't over think things or go crazy being inside all day? Any suggestions would be AWESOME!!! :)

2 comments:

Joddi said...

Good luck! The last little bit truely does seem to drag! Love your pictures too, Ted is going to such a great dad!

Charity said...

Conley suggests going to her cousin's website www.groovyglue.wordpress.com to find a fun but easy science project :) hang in there sis, you're on the homestretch and you're doing marvelous!