Wow! So, it has been a really long time since I have actually posted anything. Sad...well, I don't think very many people read this thing anyway. It used to seem like blogs were the BIG thing a couple years ago, but it feels like they have fizzled out...maybe that is just me...oh well. Anyway, a lot has happened in a month. I went to girl's camp for 5 days, yes, 5 days. Here in Arizona, we go longer than we did in Idaho, but we get to stay in cabins, and get one shower for the week...trust me, girls can stink! And we did. But, it was sooo much fun! I love girl's camp. It is a true bonding time for the girls and the leaders. Now, I feel like I am much closer to all of the sweet girls in my ward. I love them. Ted came up the last day, so we got to drive home together. That was fun, and I fell asleep...don't get much sleep at girl's camp. While we were up at camp in Pine, AZ, I saw elk, deer, rabbits, squirrels, and tons of wildlife. It was cool. Pine reminds me of Northern Idaho, with tons of pine trees...no wonder why it is called Pine. But, as I was up at camp, it felt like I was back in Idaho, so when we drove home to the desert, it felt a little strange. Don't worry, I adjusted quickly. But, girl's camp was awesome! I met a lot of amazing people, and got some new friends. Gotta love it!
Ted and I went to the Eclipse movie the night I got home from girl's camp...don't tell him I told you, but I think he was more excited than me to go to the movie. But, I actually liked the movie. The first two were slow, and lifeless. This one at least had a little more action. Kristen Stewart is the only downer...and she's a pretty big one. Sad. I wish they would've casted someone with at least some spunk in them so the character could come to life. She has been a huge let-down. Guess I will have to stick with the books, and thank heavens for those.
Oh, I started reading some books by Suzanne Collins that my friend Sarah suggested for me. They are called, Hunger Games and Catching Fire. They are great! Once you start reading, you can't stop. So, Suzanne Collins is a new favorite of mine. I also have another new favorite author, her name is Denise Hunter. She is amazing! I have read most of her books, which are christian fiction. I like them because they are clean, and have such great story lines about forgiveness and love. Very healing to the soul.
I don't know if I have posted about this yet or not, but Ted got called to be an early-morning seminary teacher, so he is going to be teaching the juniors in high school this year. I am sooo excited for him. He is learning a ton. It keeps him busy. When he is not at work, he is studying for seminary, or going to in-service. I don't know where Ted gets all his energy to do so many different things. Running three stores successfully, studying to be a seminary teaching, keeping the wifey happy, and taking care of things at home is more than a full-time job for him. He keeps on stunning me with his many abilities and talents. I got very lucky to marry a man with such ambition and drive for life. He literally can run circles around me, and I am no lazy duck. Sure love him.
Well, life for Ted and me in Arizona is wonderful! It is hot, hot, hot. Crazy how HOT it can get. I am thankful for air conditioning. I don't know what we would do without it...probably move back to Idaho...no, just kidding...we LOVE it here. But, I will be coming to Idaho in August. I am planning on going back to help with grain harvest. My family needs a good grain cart driver, and I volunteered since I enjoyed it so much last year. Hope all goes well with harvest, and it is a profitable year.
Hope all is well for everyone! :) Keep on a smiling, even when life gets tough. Attitude is one thing you have control over when everything else around you seems to fall apart.
5 comments:
I still read your blog... and hey, I'm even trying to be better about posting too. So, maybe blogging hasn't completely fizzled. Although I do agree, it seems as though facebook is taking over the WORLD! Sounds like you are having a wonderful summer. I hope that it continues to be a great one! Good to hear about you guys.
Shayla
Don't stop blogging! I feel like it is the only way I can keep up on what is going on in your life. Besides we are commanded to keep our histories and this is a good way to do it. That is really cool about Ted teaching seminary. He is one amazing man. Good thing he has such an amazing woman to match him.
I read your blog too!! I do agree with you though that people don't update them as much as they used to. It's kind of a bummer really. How great that you get to go help your mom! You'll be leaving just as I'm getting back so I'll be sad:( Thanks for watching my pups for a bit Sunday! You guys are awesome!
I still read your blog too! What a busy month you have had! It sounds fun though!
I LOOOOVVVVE the Hunger games books!!! I can't wait for the third one to come out the end of August!
Post a Comment