Friday, March 4, 2011

Grain Bin Creativity

Can you believe that this...



Can turn into something like this?


Isn't it incredible? Ted and I have been suddenly captivated by this idea of turning grain bins into actual homes, or even bed and breakfasts. There are several links to people taking an old grain bin and turning it into something quite cool for a home. So, as crazy as Ted and I am, we have a crazy idea to move back to Idaho and turn our old grain bins into actual, livable places. We think it would be fun to turn the grain bins into a themed bed and breakfast, later turning it into inhabitable homes if people need a place to live in desperate times. What do you think? Have we truly gone insane or are we onto something people might actually enjoy? I mean, we have eight or nine unused grain bins that are just sitting on one of the highest and most beautiful hills in Pingree, Idaho, waiting for some type of use. Would you make a trip to stay in a grain bin? Or would you rather stay in the Super 8 Motel? Just curious...the more comments, the better on this one. Please, let us know if the Arizona heat has made us mad. :)


Check out these links and tell us what you think:

http://wn.com/Oregon_Wine_Country_Gentleman's_Farm_Estate__Abbey_Road_Farm_MLS http://www.riverroadranchresort.com/silo.htm
http://www.motherearthnews.com/Hands-On-How-To/Grain-Bin-Building.aspx
http://greenieweenie.com/2010/08/09/how-to-build-a-grain-bin-house/

4 comments:

Miriam Lusk said...

That's stinking cool! I would totally stay in one!

Mary Mathews said...

I think its a totally cool idea!!!I would stay at one too!

the garling ranch said...

The Coolest thing would be having you back in Idaho,,,, Boooohooo...Mom

Sarah said...

I think it's kind of weird. A Little red-necky:) I don't think it would feel very homey either.