I am sure all of you already know, thanks to Ted on Facebook, that we are expecting our first child.
I am now 16 weeks along, and yes, I am feeling more and more pregnant by the day. It is kind of crazy...the first six weeks, I had no idea I was pregnant, but I was overly hormonal, to the point where Ted looked at me like I'd lost my mind. I remember telling him that I either needed to go see a counselor, or I needed a pregnancy test to see what was going on with me, because I was either going crazy, or was pregnant. Thankfully, I was pregnant. Okay, and more than a little crazy.
When I took the first test and found it positive, Ted was at his morning crossfit workout. I couldn't believe my eyes, so I drank a huge bottle of water so I could go to the bathroom again and see if the second one came out positive too. It did.
Wow. Tears took over. They didn't stop for a long time. It was an answer to so many prayers.
Ted came home, and I acted like nothing was different, except I left the tests on the back of the toilet for him to find. A few minutes later, he comes out of the bathroom with a disbelieving look on his face and asks me if I really am pregnant. I nod. We cry together. We call a doctors office, and Ted takes me in for another official pregnancy test at the office. When it comes up positive, I am in shock. The only thing that ruined my perfect moment of realization that I can be a mom was, the nurse asked me if I wanted to keep the baby. I almost came unglued on her, but kept my cool and said we'd been trying for four years, and of course I wanted to keep my baby.
The next couple weeks went by like a living hell. Pardon my language, but that is what it was. I got morning sickness, and not just in the morning, all day. I lived on saltine crackers and water. I had to lock myself in the bedroom because the water smelled so horrid in the cottage we were renting. I literally had to open all the windows in the house to air out the smell, and the sad thing was, Ted couldn't smell it. But, there was something wrong with that water...I swear. Taking a bath or shower was the hardest thing to do. I would gag the whole time, and if it weren't for my nearly empty stomach, I would've thrown up.
Don't get me wrong, I did throw up, many times. But that was from my prenatal pills or trying to eat normal food.
The saddest couple of nights had to be our anniversary, and a Twilight Date Night Ted arranged for me. For our 5th year anniversary, Ted planned an elaborate dinner at a five star resort, with a band to play for us. He also showered me with gifts to show his love. After he got off work early that day, he came home to a wife, sick in bed, who hadn't even put makeup on for the day, or gotten him anything. I felt terrible as his excited expression fell when he saw me. He canceled our dinner reservations and ordered a pizza, which I struggled to keep down, but it was the only thing that sounded half-way good.
The Twilight Date Night was an attempt of me putting on a good show for Ted. I dressed up in a beautiful purple dress, Ted loves me in purple, and put on lots of makeup and did my hair to go to the Breaking Dawn Movie with him. When we got there, popcorn and a drink sounded awesome. Even though the prices were high, he ordered them for me. We got into the movie, and I chowed the popcorn and drink. So much that I became sick. But, I toughed it out. The movie ended, we drove home, Ted was extremely happy I'd made it through our date, and then the worst happened. I threw up the popcorn. I haven't wanted popcorn since.
This was the story of our life. I was in major depression that I felt so sick and couldn't do anything fun with Ted because I was strapped to the bed with my throw up pail next to me. What made it worse was, we were in Hawaii. Paradise. Ted was so happy. He wanted to explore, have adventures, and see every inch of the island.
Anyway, I feel like I am dumping a ton frustration in the post. If you've read this far, you're amazing. I feel like I am complaining way too much here.
Needless to say, I needed a change. A big one.
My mom was getting married in a couple weeks, and after talking to her for a while, we decided she could use my help with the wedding plans. So, Ted got me a flight arranged, and sent me on my way. Secretly, I think both of us were glad for the change. He needed space so he could stop worrying about me, and stop trying to fix me. And, I needed to get away from the humidity (we never had an air conditioning in Hawaii, and it was HOT), the smell (I still have nightmares about the smell), and needed to be closer to something I was familiar with.
Thankfully, I put on the Sea Band Wrist Bands, and made it through the flights with only mild nausea. By the time I touched down in Boise, and got into the cold, crisp air, I felt immediately better.
My morning sickness continued, but not as severe, and I was able to break myself back into eating normal food, thanks to my mom's good cooking. I lived with her for a couple weeks, helping where I could, and then Ted came home. It felt so good to get him back. Sometimes all you need is a little time apart, and then you really appreciate each other again. Since I was feeling better, getting ready was easier, and he became happier with my progress.
He remodeled the house next to my moms, turning it into a brand new home inside, and moved me in next door. After living at my mom's house for a month, it felt good to have a place of our own, with our own things. We're slowly making the little red house our home.
Doctor appointments have been good. We've had two so far, and another one next week. We are excited about having a baby, and since the second trimester has started, I've been feeling a thousand times better. Aside from getting every stupid cold that comes along. But, things are good.
Yes, my belly is growing. It feels weird. If the morning sickness and mental breakdowns didn't prove I was pregnant, the growing stomach is. I've been really lucky and only gained a couple pounds so far, all in the second trimester. I actually lost a little weight during the beginning, which was good because I gained some unwanted weight this summer. With feeling better, watching my calories, and keeping a healthy workout routine, I hope that this baby will be happy and healthy. Sure, I could still eat a lot healthier and workout more, or stay more busy, but I am happy with my simple lifestyle, and content with curling up with a good book and a blanket.
I really want a little girl, and Ted is just excited we are having a baby, so when we find out, we will let everyone know. We are supposed to have an ultra-sound next week to determine the sex, but sometimes the baby doesn't cooperate, or it is still too early to be sure. But, we hope to find out soon.
I was talking to my mom yesterday, and she said it is good for me to start showing around now. I guess I am moving right along through this pregnancy, but with a due date so far away, I feel like things shouldn't be progressing this fast. Guess every week is one week closer to the end of June.
I hope this hasn't been too boring. I feel like it is, but I really needed to write down my feelings somehow. People tell me I should keep a pregnancy journal, but I don't think I would keep up with it regularly enough. So, this will probably be my vent system. If you stop reading for the next six months or so, I totally understand. Because this blog will probably be filled with baby stuff, and how boring my life is.
I guess we have some exciting news...we are selling our business in Hawaii, and our condo is under contract. We are hoping to have the condo sold by the end of this month. Pray that is goes through, because we really need the money, especially since a babies on the way and Ted still needs to find a job. :)
Oh, and we finally got our washer and dryer yesterday! Yippee! You never know how nice it is to have things like them and a dishwasher, until you go without. All summer in Island Park, and then in Hawaii, we didn't have laundry or a dishwasher in our homes. It feels so good to have modern conveniences, and I thank everyone who were genius enough to invent them. My life is now complete!
3 comments:
Oh Kaylee, I thoroughly enjoyed reading your blog, isn't is wonderful to be so miserable?! I'm so happy for you! :D I'm glad you survived the 1st trimester, that's the one the rips you to pieces so that everything else that follows doesn't feel quite so tough. Enjoy the honeymoon trimester because the the moaning will come back soon enough....and then the crazy feeling that it will be so much easier once this baby is out and then when the baby gets out you realize how crazy that thought was that it would be easier...it's all about breaking you down so you start to forget what your old normal felt like, because it won't ever be the same again...it will be a new normal, a slower paced but oh so busy and full of joy normal....and I'm so excited for you to experience it!
I loved reading your blog because I feel the exact same way! haha although I have been really blessed not to have horrible morning sickness. I do get nauseous a lot, and I'm starting to get more picky about things I can and can't eat, but no throwing up thank goodness! I am glad you are back in Idaho, and close to family :) Also you are lucky that you haven't started showing until 16 weeks!! I'm 10 weeks right now, and I feel like all my shirts are starting to fit tight. Guess we will just have to be excited about having an excuse to gain weight ;D Keep posting!!
Jackie
I think you are too funny! Pregnancy is a time to use the :im pregnant" ans an excuse to not do what you want.....im kidding partly and pregnancy IS a time to hav a free ride to eat whatever your heart desires!! Thas what I do, sure i may have a few extra pounds to lose afterwards, but its worth it, if i want cake i go and eat it!! Again I am so excited for you and cant wait to hear what you are having!!
Post a Comment