Friday, February 10, 2012

Joys of Pregnancy and Life

There are so many things that bring joy with pregnancy. I love the fact that my belly is growing. It is great being able to get some extra weight on my bones without feeling guilty. I also love that I am able to feel the little guy now. He loves to move around and push up on my tummy. He also loves Ted, and whenever he is around, he moves to the side Ted is on. It is funny. I totally agree with the studies that show that babies have emotions, feelings, and personalities while still in their mommy's belly. It is amazing how the connection between mother and child can be so strong. It also amazes me how the baby can be so connected to his daddy, even at this stage. I am very thankful and feel extremely blessed to be a mother.
On Monday, Ted and I went on our daily walk together, and I started having extreme pain in my back, around the kidney area. We called the doc and he said to take it easy for a couple days and drink lots of water. So, I did. Well, I drank lots of water, but being married to Ted doesn't include taking it easy. And, Zumba is way too tempting not to do everyday, even if you are sick.
So, after two days, I was feeling okay, no other bad pains, just some discomfort. Then, on Wednesday afternoon, the pain came back, while I was watching a movie. I called the doc again, and we got an appt the next morning. I was worried about kidney stones or something like that, but kept my attitude as positive as possible. At the doc appt they told me not to worry, I just had a bladder infection, which is very common with pregnant women. With relief, I got some antibiotics, and then spent the day shopping for maternity clothes (I am starting to get too big to fit into my normal clothes without stretching them), and watching Ted teach seminary.
It was funny, right after we got out of the doc appt, the Hillcrest High School called and asked if Ted could substitute teach for the rest of the day. Thank heavens we were planning on going to the temple after the doc appt, and were dressed appropriately. So, he took the rest of the day and taught. I sat in on two of the three classes. He does such a good job teaching. I can see why he enjoyed early morning seminary in Phoenix so much. The kids absolutely loved the way he taught and kept asking him if he was coming back to teach. Ha ha. He actually did teach at Hillcrest again, this morning. He had two classes. We are getting so blessed. Ted has taught 3 out of the 5 days this week. And, we still got to go to the temple last night. We did sealings, which are a great reminder of our covenants to each other.
Today, Ted is up at Targhee. It is his brother Zach's birthday, and they decided to go for some snowboarding celebration. Jake and Karleen, Ted's parents, went with them too. It should be a fun day for all of them. I am so happy Ted was able to go. We have this agreement that he gets one day a week to go snowboarding. We decided that today would be a good day because it was Zach's birthday and they had planned on going together, but with the seminary calling, we were worried. But, it all worked out, and Ted was able to do the two things he loves most, snowboarding and teaching seminary. It should be a good day for him. Sure he'll come home happy.
As for me, I decided to stay home instead of take part in the festivities. I'm glad I did, because I need the rest so I can get over this infection. And, it will be good for the Garlings to spend some quality time together without any in-laws.
As you can read, life is good! I am now at 20 weeks, halfway through the pregnancy. It is going by so quickly. I can't believe how time flies. I am so excited to welcome this pure and innocent spirit into the world. I hope to do my best at teaching him right from wrong, and growing up healthy and strong, not only physically, but spiritually as well. If anyone has any tips, counsel, or advice, I would love to hear it! Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Austin & Jacqueline said...

Oh no I'm sorry you got a urinary tract infection! Hopefully you are getting better now though :) I think that is so fun you can now feel the baby move. I am looking forward to that! I hope things keep going well!!