Okay, so I am sending this out to all the moms out there: Which kind of laundry detergent/ softener is best for washing baby clothes, blankets, bedding, etc.? I am debating on what kind to use. I would love any and all suggestions. Also, when did you wash your baby clothes? The month before the baby got here, or a week or two before?
On another note: What did you pack in your hospital bag? I've seen lots of lists, but would like suggestions from real moms.
And, did you do a birth plan? If you did, did you stick to it? Or is it more of an outline that can be broken at any time?
Did any of you take birthing/ breastfeeding classes? I still haven't taken any, and am feeling like I am behind. If you did take them, did they help, or were they worth your time?
I would like any feedback, because I really haven't talked to anyone about this kind of stuff. Thanks so much!!!
5 comments:
You are too funny! the hospital bag should have a camera, video camers, jammies for you, socks, tootbrush, etc, the usual. Some mos even like bringing thier own pilow. i didnt. As for birthing classes, i had a planned c-section so birthing classes wouldnt have done any good for me. As for breastfeeding classes, take them when you have hesston. cant really learn without him! With Jeremy, i used dreft. With Zeke im using all free and clear....its cheaper but it doesnt smell. So i would reccomend dreft. Sorry for all the type o's. I would wash them now, you never know when your little guy will get here. Also, laundry detergent all depends on if your baby will be sensitive or not. Zeke doenst seem to have a sensitivity. There are a few things i have gotten him and not washed and he was fine. So you will see when he gets here!All babies are different. Good luck to you! If having a birthing plan will help you, have one, just know that it probably wont go the way you think!
Happy Birthday Yesterday!!! Hey don't stress. Even if moms look like they know what they are doing they don't and somehow everyone gets through it. The hospital is like going to the temple, there are people everywhere and they don't let you mess up. Bring all the baby diapers home from the hospital believe me you will be paying them a lot so get your monies worth. O and bring home all the pads and disposable underwear in fact ask them for extra of those. Honestly you’ll like them and it doesn't cost you any more to ask for some extras. As far as laundry detergent I used tide just like I use for my own clothes and never had a problem. Be careful a lot of the baby stuff is gimmicks don’t let them get you. You don’t need classes. Believe me you will figure it out. Also the nurses teach you to breast feed and they are right there telling you what to do so don't stress about that either. They even have a number you can call for help when you go home. You will be fine, I promise. That is the beauty of being a mother you never know anything and somehow everything turns out☺ I’m so excited for you and your little guy. I hope you had a great Birthday!
TAKE A BREASTFEEDING CLASS. NOW. that is my major advice. some people just click with it and yay for them. me and jake did not. better to take it then not. seriously. please do. breastfeeding was an emotional rollercoaster for me. and many women have problems with it. my lactation consultant at the hospital was ZERO help. TAKE A BREASTFEEDING CLASS.
aside from that...haha...i agree with the "don't stress" advice. i know thats totally easier said than done but honestly at the hospital i feel like there's not much you can control and everything just happens magically and you'll feel in good hands with the nurses. my birthing plan of lavender scents and music went out the window. don't stress over minute details. just go with the flow....and epidural it up! (but if you're gung-ho for natural...more power to ya.)
and yes, raid your hospital room. ask for extra. especially of the mesh underwear and pads. be prepared at home with a fatty stack of fatty pads! haha.
i use dreft. jake's skin was very sensitive. wash the clothes now so it's just out of the way.
and after all that...haha...do what you want.
I just used regular laundry detergent and made sure she didn't have a reaction to it. Ashtyn doesn't have sensitive skin so I guess I got lucky!
One thing I didn't bring with me, and made my hubby go back and get was my pillow and a blanket. My back was so uncomfortable so it was nice having the extra padding. I also am so glad I brought a robe... that way I could walk around before I got too miserable!
We didn't take any classes and I had a nurse that gave me a hard time about it! I wish I would have at least taken a breastfeeding class.... it's not as simple as you would think :)
I agree with the comment above! Raid your hospital room... you're paying for it so might as well!!!
I use regular detergent (tide) but depends on the baby's skin. Things I take with me.... Camera charger 9with camera), chapstick my lips always dry out during labor super bad, take a towel, the hospital here only had hand drying towels. Your own pillow, pj's (I do not like to stay in the hospital gown too long.) Your own soap, tooth brush, tooth paste, razor, they sell nursing bras for bedtime I didn't have it my first go around and had it with my second it helped so much, comfortable pants to go home in. This might be a little too too too personal but after I had Bryen I swelled really bad and they gave me ice packs but it was after a day. I used ice packs as soon as I could get my hands on them with my second one and my recover was much better. Nursing pads. Don't for get them! Also get your own pads... at least for when you leave the hospital. The hospital ones are like wearing diapers. But hope the delivery goes well! Cant wait to see pictures of your baby boy!
Post a Comment