Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Spring has Sprung


The Valley Pivot behind our house

The back of our house from the pivot point
Ted with the pickup, air compresser, generator, and rocks we found in the field that we had missed...oops (my mom says we will never have all the rock picked, because it is impossible)

Climbing on the pivot, the wind was blowing like crazy!


Me, checking the tire pressure
Ted, hard at work
Ted loves the farm work...wink wink




Sunny, warm, and sandy...who could ask for more?





A sweet sunset we got the other day.







Who Loves the Spring??? I do, I do, I do! The warm weather has finally returned! At least for a couple days anyway... Since it has been so warm, we have been able to get out into our fields and do some farm work. Ted, me, our friends Rich, Kiera, Jessie, Jeffery, and Jon (Ted's little brother) have all been doing some hard work these last couple weeks. Our job has been to do all the rock picking on the farm. We each have put in over 60 hours of rock picking within the last couple weeks. We finished the fields yesterday (we picked 545 acres in 7 days), and now we are picking rock off our linear road so the rock doesn't split the huge water hoses, like it has the last couple years. I will be so happy when all the rock picking is done. Today, Ted and I got to go out and check all the tire pressures for the pivots. Since we drove a pickup out into the field, I got a few pictures. Hope you liked them! Look at the sunny skies!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks like it was a beautiful day! What a pretty sunset!