Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Time Has Finally Come...

First of all, thank you for your comments on my photos and one sheet. It really helped me, and I feel completely ready (well, as ready as I will feel)! I am super nervous and excited at the same time about the conference in Denver. Since it is my first conference, I don't know what to expect...so I am trying to be prepared for anything. Sadly, I have only had this last week to prepare, and along with school starting, it has been a busy last week! I am just extremely thankful that harvest finished earlier this year than last year for us so I actually had time to prepare. Ted is going with me to the conference, thank heavens. I love having my husband and best friend there to support me in everything I do. Even if he had to take off work, and stress over how sales will be while he is gone, he still puts on a smile and a supportive attitude to make me feel better about myself so I can succeed in what my dreams are. Thanks honey, I love you! And, thank you all for being a part of my life! It is great having friends and family like you! Wish me luck at the conference...I am going to need it!
Secondly, since I am getting some requests on what my book is about, I have included my pitch for my book. It gives a quick little blurb about it. You can let me know if you think it is interesting, or if you would want to read it once it is finished, and hopefully someday published. Also, I have a blog specifically for my writings and it will give updates on what is going on in my writing life. It is, kayleewrites.blogspot.com. I just started it, and I will be posting pictures of the conference and ask questions, etc. as time goes on. Thanks for reading, and here is my blurb for my book (some call it a blurb, others call it a pitch).


As Katy leaves her small-town life in the rolling hills of Blackfoot, Idaho for college, she must overcome evil and worldliness to find truth and love that can change her life forever.
Redemption, Am I Worth Saving?
Is a story about a freshman in college, Katy, who leaves her family farm behind to attend school in Illinois. She is confronted with adult temptations she doesn’t know how to handle, and her naïve nature is taken advantage of by a manipulative friend. Fate snatches Katy away from her predator, changing her life forever with a friendship she never knew existed. Although Katy is grateful, she feels something lacking. Searching for the missing pieces, she meets a young man who introduces her to religion, which seems to hold the keys she was looking for. This man, not only handsome and wise, is a gentleman with quiet dignity, making it easy for Katy to fall in love with him. However, Katy’s life comes crashing down with the death of her father, bringing questions to mind about what she has been taught, wondering how God could take her father from her family. Along with doubt, Katy’s past comes to haunt her. Can this new religion heal her scars? Or will she falter back into a corrupting mistake?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with your conference! I hope that you travel safely, and most importantly ENJOY yourself! Kaylee, you really inspire me. I am certainly grateful for the internet and blogs so that we can stay in touch more frequently!

Shay