
On Saturday, we woke up early, drove to the church, and loaded up our cars with young men and young women to take a road trip to the Gila Valley Temple (which is 3 hours away from where we live). Since it was my birthday on Sunday, my mom decided to take a little trip down south to visit us. So, Ted, my mom, and I loaded up with a couple of my beehives into my car, and made the trip. It was very scenic, and we even got to visit my friend, Katie's, hometown of Globe, Arizona. I must confess, every time we go for a drive, I find another part of Arizona to fall in love with. This time, I fell in love with the Gila Valley. There are all these beautiful farms in a valley with the Gila River running down the middle. The mountains are large, with some snow still on the tops. It is absolutely breathtaking, and the temple is a perfect fit for the little town. The best way I can describe the location for my friends in Idaho would be, think of Aberdeen, Idaho, and then imagine a temple being built just outside of the town, but with huge mountains surrounding it. Ted and I will have to make another road trip down there someday. It sure is worth it. Oh, and one cool little fact about the valley, President Spencer W. Kimball was raised there. Pretty awesome if you ask me. :)
As for my b-day, it was great! After church, Sarah and Brenton joined me, Ted, and my mom for some dutch oven dinner on the back porch. We enjoyed the breeze and warm weather while we ate and caught up. It was overall, a perfect birthday! I am so glad I got to share it with my mom. It meant a lot to me that she came down here to visit. And, being 25 feels just like 24, so I think it will be a good year.
No comments:
Post a Comment