Monday, August 9, 2010

Heading Back

Ted got called as an early morning seminary teacher, and started teaching this morning. He has been preparing all summer with in-service meetings on Thursday and Saturdays, and now he is taking the wisdom he learned and sharing it with the students. He is teaching the Junior class, and has 19 students. He is going to be an awesome teacher! It comes naturally to him, which I think is a huge gift. As for his schedule, it is crazy...he wakes up at 4:30 am, leaves the house at 5 am, then comes home after seminary around 7 am, and gets ready for his work day. He leaves for work about an hour or two later (8 or 9 am), and will work until 7 or 8 pm. Managing three stores is a lot of work, and he puts in a full day, every day. Then, he comes home and prepares his seminary lesson for the next day, which takes a couple hours bringing him to 11 pm. I don't know how he does it!
As for me, I am leaving on Thursday to head up to Idaho for a couple weeks and help with grain harvest. It will be a lot of fun getting to spend some time on the farm, and hang out with family. My mom already has horseback riding planned out for every morning before we get started for the day, which will be awesome! I've missed the luxuries of Idaho. Once I get back to AZ, I start a new job as a store manager at DownEast Basics in the Arrowhead Mall. I am excited to start working again, and have a feeling it is going to be a lot of hard work. DownEast is building the store, so it is brand new, and I get to hire new employees, and everything, so there will be a lot of learning and growing in the next couple months. I am way excited!
Wish us luck with balancing everything on our agenda! Our life at the Garling Ranch is going to get crazy! Yippee!

4 comments:

Mary Mathews said...

WOW! What busy lives you 2 have! I don't know how you guys do it! Hope you have a fun time in Idaho and good luck with your new job when you get back!

Valeen said...

I am so impressed with that you and Ted are such hard workers. You really have done well for yourselves. Keep up the good work

Anonymous said...

I read a while back that you think people don't read your blog... I DO! :) I love hearing all about your adventures, Arizona looks so beautiful! I've only been there once, and that was a LONG time ago... but your pictures make me want to go back. Maybe someday! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh man... your life is busy! I can relate... teaching is so time consuming, yet so rewarding. I just started my first week of school, and I'm exhausted!!! Travel safely to Idaho. Good luck with your endeavors within the next few months!