After being in Idaho for the last 3 weeks and constantly moving around (driving tractors, trucks, moving pipe, riding horses, visiting family and friends, etc) it is different spending a day at home without anyone to keep me company. Ted left early this morning to go to seminary, then had a training, and is now at work. So, I have been kicking it by myself since 5:00 am. It feels strange, but I am getting a lot of things done. Here are some pictures of watches that I decided to make today. Making watches is a creative outlet for me. I love it!
‘Remember: Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would most likely be worth it.’
Friday, September 3, 2010
Home Alone
With this watch, I tried to tie in the dot-theme throughout it. I love the polka dots in black and white! I added a touch of silver to make it match the watch face better.
This is a simple brown watch band that I decided to make. I wear brown a ton, and noticed that people like brown because it is a neutral color and goes with a lot of different outfits.
This watch I made specifically for Ted's boss. She loves orange, and chunky jewelry. I made her a white one for her birthday, and she loved it. So, this is a watch with her favorite colors. Hope she likes this one as much as the first one I made for her.
Here is a green one that I put together. I love the heart, and tried to tie in the heart theme throughout the watch.
Here is a lime green watch face that I struggled with. I have had it since I first started making watches, and have never been able to put anything together that fit it. Since I only had two lime-green beads, I accented with silver and clear beads, and included some of the most expensive beads I have to dress it up.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment