Tuesday, April 3, 2012

27 week pictures (from last week), Pierce and Baylen

 We got to hang out with Pierce yesterday since Adam and Morgan had their little girl in the morning. It was a blast! Thanks to my dear friend Miriam, I knew just what to do while we had the day together. Now, I am sure Miriam is thinking she has no idea what she's done, but whenever I go to see her, we take her kids to the park. So, Ted and I took Pierce to the park. He'd only been to the park once before, and it was in Aberdeen, so it was small. But, the Jensen's Grove Park in Blackfoot provided lots of fun and activity. 
 Ted is amazing with kids, and very hands on. It was so nice having him with me all day so we could team up with Pierce. Not that he is hard, but he has lots of energy. We kept Pierce super busy with going to tractor dealerships and looking at tractors, visiting Grandma at work, playing at the park, going for a stroller ride (yes, we tested out our BOB stroller and LOVED it), and getting yummy food to eat at Rupe's.
It was hilarious, as we pushed Pierce in the stroller, he would tell Ted where to drive (he is already a navigator). He didn't like being on the smooth, paved road, so he told Ted to go right, which meant on the side of the path, which is loose gravel and rock. Pierce must love the bumpy road, because he sat back and relaxed once Ted pushed him on the gravel.
We were very pleased with the suspension and shocks on the stroller, and Ted said it was easy to push. We also love how easily it folded up, and how lightweight it is. We watched another mom try to stash her stroller in her car, and it looked awkward and bulky. But ours is compact, easy to lift, open, and close, and super durable. Very happy with our stroller purchase! We also got to try out having a car seat in our Venza. It worked like a dream! The Venza is the ultimate "mom" car, just like I envisioned! I am so glad we got it!
 This is such a cute Pierce face. He loved the slide!
6 months along! Can't wait for our little man to get here! He is starting to really grow and push out on my belly. It makes me laugh at how big I am getting! I am already starting to feel the whole, "I can't breathe," sensation when I lay down on my back. It is a little scary.
Front view...I love these pictures, because my camera makes me look so good pregnant. Really, I am quite short, stocky, and with my big belly sticking out, I look like an overfed horse. But, it is all good. I will just keep looking at these pictures and admiring the way I wished I looked.
Here is the precious new addition to the Hales Family. Adam and Morgan had their little girl yesterday morning at 6:42 am. She was 6 lbs, 13 ounces, and 19 1/2 inches long. They named her Baylen Dawn Hales. She is adorable, and such a good little baby. She has a set of lungs on her, and is a hungry little thing, but sleeps peacefully. Getting their little girl here makes my pregnancy feel much more real. I am not just getting fat...ha ha. I think Ted and I felt like we had forever. As long as Morgan didn't have her baby, we had plenty of time before our little guy came. Now since Baylen is here, it feels like 3 months is only a blink of time away.

It is hard to see in this picture (Ted tried to get up top as best as possible, but the angle is still off), but Baylen was sleeping so cute, with her little arm out and resting on my belly. It was precious! When I was holding her, our little guy started kicking, like he knew she was there. Too cute!
Hesston, LOVE this name...if you don't already know, we are planning on naming our little guy, Hesston David Garling. It was funny, when Adam told us Baylen's name, Ted said, "What's up with your family and names?" In other words, we name all of our kids either family or farm names. Of course, Ted wants to name our little guy, Theodore James Garling, Jr., just like him, but I think our little man needs his own name. Besides, Hesston is strong, and David is brave, and Garling is warrior. So, how much better can you get?
I added in this photo, because it is something to do with our lives other than babies or kids. Ted actually won an I-pad 2 this last week. He was so excited (I am too, because this will actually become my I-pad, because Ted uses my I-pad more than I do). Now we have 2 I-pad 2's!

Well, life other than kids, family, and growing a baby is great! We started foot zoning classes this last weekend and LOVED them! If anyone wants a FREE foot zone, call us! We need lots of practice, and would be willing to throw in a foot soak too! We don't plan on charging for our foot zones until we learn the complete zone, which won't be for another 3 months. If anyone doesn't know what a foot zone is, it is like reflexology, but with energy work. It is awesome! It is what helped me get pregnant, so I of all people can say that they work!

Ted is still substitute teaching seminary. He just got a job that will go for the next 6 days! Yea! Huge blessing!

Farming is starting up here in Idaho. The farmers are out discing

Well, God bless! Happy Spring! And enjoy this Easter Weekend. We like to remember Easter as Resurrection Day at our house, to keep it a little more spiritually centered. But, if you are having an Easter egg hunt and coloring eggs like we are, have fun!

No comments: