I am going to start with mine and Ted's favorite part of the weekend. This picture is at the very top of the Jackson Hole Ski Hill. We took a morning tram ride with about 450 other people to the top of the mountain for an early morning worship service on Easter Morning. It was 6:15 am, and we only expected maybe 50 people there, so when we saw hundreds, it was incredible and very uplifting. It was a non-denominational service, and all ages of people were there, from tiny kids to aged adults. Always inspiring to see how many people believe and are willing to get up early and freeze their socks off to pay respect to a loving Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ. And, the sunrise was breath-taking! Worth every second of the cold wind.
Here is another photo of us, all bundled up. Love the majestic mountains in the background. Amazing how God loves us so much that he created this beautiful world for us to live, grow, and enjoy.
Jackson Hole, Wyoming
The tram. I can't believe how many people it can hold. It held 125 people, so with 2 of them, they both made 2 trips to carry us all the way up to the top of the mountain. The ride lasted about 15 minutes. Talk about fast, going from 6,300 elevation to 10,500 at the top.
This is the resort we stayed in. It is the Four Seasons at Teton Village. Now, for those of you who are like me, I had NO IDEA how nice this hotel would be. I had heard of the Four Seasons before, but just thought it was another hotel, like any other. So, when we pulled up to the front of the hotel and people come right out, ready to park your car and take your luggage up to your room, I was surprised. The whole weekend was full of pampering. I didn't quite know how to handle it. They offered superior service, and I don't think I've been in a hotel that has offered the same quality. I mean, they cleaned our room twice a day, and we never saw the cleaning crew. They would slip in as we went to breakfast and dinner. We were so perplexed by how they knew we were gone, and when to sneak up to our room. Maybe they have cameras, or the front desk person keeps track of us and sends the crew up when we leave. Ha ha, however they do it, they have the system down.
This is the view from our balcony. The ski resort is right next to the hotel, so skiers come right by the hotel, which is super fun to watch. I couldn't believe how small some of the kids were, and they were out skiing the whole mountain with their parents. Some of the kids had to be around 2 years old, or even younger. It was amazing to see their balance and talent for skiing on their own.
The bar and pool area of the hotel.
It was a really nice, warm weekend. It snowed on Friday, the night we went up, so the fresh powder brought lots of skiers with it. This was the last weekend the ski resort was opened, so lots of people were taking advantage of their last weekend ski.
All ready for breakfast. The restaurants in the hotel were incredible. It was a dining experience! Breakfast took an hour to get served and eat, and dinner took 2 hours. And, it was delicious! Definitely worth the wait and experience.
Ted said he thinks he enjoyed the Babymoon even more than I did.But, I doubt it! The trip was very relaxing. We toured the streets of Jackson Hole, did some shopping, went to see The Hunger Games (which we LOVED), enjoyed a concert, swam in the outdoor heated pools, slept, got a free tram ride, saw an Easter sunrise from the top of the mountain, and ate some amazing food.
Here we are at the Westbank Grill, waiting for dessert that they make fresh when you order (Homemade Blackberry Pie with Honey Homemade Ice Cream). We frequented this place a couple times a day, and even though it was expensive, the food was worth it. The service was great too! All the waitresses were prompt, happy, and genuine.
The pool and hot tubs were one of Ted's favorite places to frequent. I think he also liked the free Powerade that came complimentary with swimming. Thankfully the outdoor bar served non-alcoholic beverages for people like us!
There were 3 hot tubs, and they waterfalled into the pool. Ted loved to swim from one to the next, as they all connected in a cascading way.
The view from the pool. It is literally right next to the ski run, so people zoom by as we swim.
The view from our room. Loved it! The room was first class too! I would upload pictures, but they don't do it justice. Just go to the website and check out the rooms. Their cameras do a much better job than mine or Ted's.
http://www.fourseasons.com/jacksonhole/
As you can see, the Babymoon was a splendid weekend. We really enjoyed ourselves, and our last vacation before the baby gets here. We can't wait for our little guy to show up! Only a couple more months and he will be gracing us with his presence! Yippee!
Funny story, I got onto the I-Pad BabyCenter App last night and went through the instructional Birthing Classes. I made Ted listen to them with me, and it was hilarious. He kept laughing at all the female terms, and gagged a few times.
I guess he dreamed about me having our little guy all night last night. When he woke up, he said the delivery went smoothly, so hopefully his dreams come true! I would love to have labor and delivery like my mom and Morgan! They make it sound so easy, but they are some STRONG women!
I am sure everything will go great though. We have a good doctor, and I will have Ted, my mom, Ted's mom (who is a NICU nurse with lots of experience having children), and my foot zoner, Jackie, there to help me through the pain. Yes, a room full of people to help me out! Ha ha, who knows, maybe once the day gets here, I'll only want Ted and the doctor in there with me. I guess we will see when the day gets here!
Does anyone have any suggestions on who to have in the room with me? What were your experiences? Who did you have in the room? How did you feel (comfortable or uncomfortable with people around)?
Is it bad to have too many people telling you how to feel and what to do? I've heard some different opinions, but don't know what to do...would love any suggestions and comments!
















1 comment:
Obviously it is up to you and what you are comfortable with. Don't let anyone push you into something you don't want to do. If your family is adamant about being there and you don't want them tell the nurses no one is allowed and they will be your body guards!
Jared and I decided way before that we were going to be the only ones in the room. To enjoy the first little bit as our new little family. You know our experience was different then we planned. Because of our situation my family came up with us that day because they were so worried. I don't know if we will tell them this next time until baby boy is actually here, because it took 22 hours to have Macsen. It was a bit awkward with my fam to say the least. They were at the hospital the whole time so were in my room for hours. At first it wasn't a big deal I know how worried they were for us and wanted to make sure we were doing alright. When I finally started progressing, I should have asked them to leave the room earlier. I was starting to get pretty uncomfortable and was hurting more. I am really glad that for the most part Jared and I were all by ourselves, obviously the hospital help was always around. It was nice to be able to just be together and I think that it would have been even harder on my mom to see me go through as much pain as I did. Jared felt helpless and I think my mom would have made it worse. So this time around it will just be us again! I can't wait, and I know you can't either! It will be fun when our little guys get here!
Post a Comment