This picture was taken in the morning, so that is why I look fresh and energized. We had a baby doctor appointment this morning, so it was fun to go and hear our little guy's heartbeat. He is doing really good, growing at the perfect rate, and measuring well. It was funny, this last month I have suddenly put on a ton of weight, well, not a ton, but extra weight (6 pounds instead of 4)...more than I and the doctor want me to.
So, it was funny, I got on the scale and gulped...then when I got into the office, the doctor was really nice and suggested that the extra weight was from water retention, but I was like, "nope, it is weight." He checked my ankles, which was funny because I didn't have any swelling. So then he told me to keep drinking lots of water, exercise, and eat healthy. I've been doing all of those things, except eat healthy. Sure, I've been staying within my 1300-1600 daily calorie count, but sometimes those calories are more on the empty side, like cake, ice cream, cookies, etc. Oops...
So, after the doctor appointment, Ted and I went to the grocery store and bought all fruits and vegetables, with some yogurt and milk. I am now throwing out all the bad (empty calorie) foods from the house so I won't be tempted to eat them instead of the healthy stuff. Wish me luck. :)
On a completely different note, Ted is now a temple worker (ordinance worker). He goes to the temple on Wednesday afternoons and works until the temple closes. It's a huge opportunity, and he gets to work with some incredible people, including his dad! It's way good for him, and he's extremely happy when he comes home.
Ted also just got done with his seminary teaching training. He is waiting to find out if he is going to be student teaching this next year. There are so many different things that have to happen in order for him to get the student teaching position. It's way hard to get into seminary teaching. Who knew? We sure didn't until we got into the training. But, we hope things will work out.
Well, everything is going really well! I have been feeling great, working out lots (if you are pregnant or get pregnant, Lindsey Brinn's Pregnancy DVDs are AWESOME), helping on the farm, and then keeping busy with preparing for baby. Only 10 more weeks until Baby Hesston David Garling arrives. We are so excited!!!


2 comments:
Holy cow I can't believe you only have 10 weeks left! I feel like the time has flown by! You still look so cute and I totally know the feeling about eating lots of empty calories... guess that's life though! I hope things keep going well :D
baby will be here before you know it! so exciting!
Post a Comment