Sunday, April 27, 2008






Here are some pics of our tractors we are using to plant and disc this year. When I was taking the pictures, it started to snow and hail...as you can see. Crazy huh? The end of April and we are still seeing snow. I cannot believe this crazy weather this year. So, my brother is in the tractor with the planter and roller harrows behind it, and my mom is in the tractor with the disc and tires behind her. We got our grain planted in 10 days, so we planted about 60 acres a day. It was busy, and we are glad it is done. Morgan and I got the tire pressure checked on the pivots on Friday, and so the pivots and linears should be good to go! I am excited to see everything we just planted start to spring up out of the ground. It is one of the best and most rewarding feelings after all the hard work. One thing about farming is, you really see what you have accomplished. Well, later today we are having a picnic at our house and our families are coming over. I am way excited to see them all. Well, hope all is well for everyone!

1 comment:

Miriam Lusk said...

Hey Kaylee- Thanks for the advice! I know that you are exactly right. I think I needed to hear it. It is hard not to get all caught up in the world I guess. Looks like you are still having good times on the farm. I bet it becomes such a bonding experience for you and your family. If you can make it through that, you can make it through anything, right? So Ted's little sister is so cute! She has grown up alot this year (at least thats what it looks like in the pictures.) Well, stay warm, and hopefully Adney and I will come visit soon. Love ya!