On Monday, Ted and I went to Utah to get some fruit trees from my cousin's nursery. It was a lot of fun. The drive seemed to take forever, and we figured that after all the money we spent on gas just to get there probably was not worth it, but that's okay. We really wanted to support our family. We also visited Ted's family and friends while we were down there and really made a day out of it. It was way fun!
So, while we were down at the nursery, we saw one of my half-sisters...Susan. It was funny, because my cousin was helping us, so he knows our family, and he was all like... "Oh, here is someone you know!" and we were like..."Yaaaa"... (I was thinking to myself, do I really want to know her?) She is not a very nice person, and actually snubbed us (meaning, she didn't even talk to us or act like she knew us). This stunned my cousin and Ted! This doesn't surprise me though, because I have known her all my life. I also know her mother, and her mother is just like her. So, no surprise, but kind of funny...I think. The irony to this situation is, this weekend we are going to be driving up to my half-brother's house Donald, because his daughter is getting baptised. So, my half-sister Susan and her mom are going to be there...and don't worry...it is going to be like they have never met us in their lives or, like they are our long lost friends... although I am going with the first option...they will act like they don't know us. Wish us luck! So, also because of the baptism my half-brother and sister, Karen and Jim with their spouses are coming up the night before and spending the night at mine and Ted's house, and my mom's house. I am excited! I have been cleaning my house all day to get ready for them.
Also this weekend, is junior miss! Yeah! I went over to Susie's house (the girl I am helping) and walked through things with her one last time before the competition, and she has improved so much! I cannot believe she is the same girl I started with! I am actually quite proud of myself for helping her so much and so incredibly impressed with her and how far she has come! On Saturday, at the junior miss competition, I will be doing her hair and make-up...so pray for me and her to do our best! Thanks! Well, I will sign off for the day, and I hope all is well for all of you out there reading up!
1 comment:
Wow! Sounds like you are crazy busy! Good luck with everything. Lets get together soon. xoxo
Post a Comment