Okay, so life is a little crazy around our house right now.
I (Kaylee) have started to help with the junior miss program here in Snake River. It is a lot of fun, and a lot of work. I am working with the girls on their fitness area of the program...so basically, I teach the girls how to do a workout routine to a couple different songs, and then they get to perform it the night of their competition. I didn't realize I was making the routine so hard until I did it a couple times through. The girls are going to get whipped into shape by the time we are done. Luckily, I have some help, Emily Jones, is helping me with the routine. She does great at teaching the girls, and counting off for us over and over as we practice. It is nice to have someone to work with, and thankfully we get along really well, which helps too.
Well, not only do I have junior miss to do now, I also have a fashion show I am in charge of for Margene's Bridal. I helped the fashion team girls this morning with modeling, and the show for Prom is on Feb. 24th, at the Shiloh Inn in Idaho Falls, so I will be there. Also, I am in charge of the wedding gown show in Pocatello on the 28th of Feb. So, that is going to be crazy!!! Two shows in one week...I think I am going to pull my hair out!
I have also been really busy with conferences for the farm. We went to a Hay Conference on Tuesday in Burley that was really good. We have also went to a Water Conference, Grain Conference, and Water Conservation Meeting. Some people think that the farm work slows down when it is winter, which it does, but we are still busy. I think taxes are the worst part about farming in the winter. They are all so confusing, and we try to do as much as possible by ourselves. I could never be an accountant. I admire people who have that talent.
We are also worrying like crazy over the prices of grain and hay. We can't sell our grain because prices are too low, so we are storing it, which costs us more money. It is amazing how the market was good last year, and then this year, everything is at a record low. The saddest part about it is that people still need food, milk, and meat, yet nobody is going to be able to produce it at the prices it is going for. Milk is at an all-time low of $9 a hundred, and grain is low ($5 a bushel). I don't even know what potatoes and beets are going for, but I know they are lower than average. Our hay has dropped price, and it is still hard to sell. It is kind of scary sitting back and watching everything fall. It makes me wonder how we are going to pull ourselves out of this mess.
But, I think the hardest part about all this is, my sister, Barbara, just got diagnosed with cancer, and so we are hoping and praying things will work out for her. She went in for surgery yesterday, and the surgery went well, but she isn't waking up from the drugs. So, they are keeping her on a respirator. She had a tumor between her pancreas and liver that was so large it was cutting off the valve between the two. Then, after they took her into surgery, they found the cancer in her pancreas. If she does eventually wake up, then she only has 6-9 months to live. Our family has been through such a hard year already with my dad passing away, so this is tough news for all of us to digest. We hope that things will work out for the best with her, and any prayers on her behalf are welcomed. Thanks!
So, as you can see, life is a little crazy right now, and I am just hoping it will all slow down some day. If any of you have any words of wisdom, please feel free to offer them!
P.S. If any of you are worried about Ted, he is doing great!
You know, for all the trials and hard times in life, there are always the blessings that counter them. The Lord is truly blessing us through this hard time with our own health and safety. We are so thankful for the gospel in our lives and the help and strength it provides to us even when life gets hard. Things are never too hard to overcome when you have the Lord on your side. I am so grateful that I have that knowledge in my life. I hope everyone's lives are going well, and remember that the Lord is always there to help you! Never turn your back on Him, because He will never turn His back on you. Love you all!
3 comments:
Kaylee, I'm so sorry to hear that things have been so hard for your family! Your positive attitude amazes me and I will pray for your family. My grandpa had pancreatic cancer, I know it's tough... So we'll keep you guys in our thoughts and prayers. :)
You are so talented! Doing the fitness routine and all those shows. You never cease to amaze me! I am so sorry to hear about your sister. Your family is so strong. We will keep you in our prayers.
So sorry about your sister! Good luck and we'll keep her in our prayers. You are one busy woman Kay! I'm sure you'll produce another Junior Miss winner again this year because you rock!
Post a Comment