Monday, May 11, 2009

Birthday Week!!!

So, this week, it is not only my birthday, but also my mom's birthday. I would say that I am excited to have a birthday this year, but 24 seems so old! Everyone keeps telling me to wait until I turn 25 next year (a quarter century old), but I am already feeling it! Back in the day, when I was in high school, I didn't think I would ever grow up and become an adult, but now, wow, I am starting to feel like one. It feels like time is passing, but not the way it used to when I was younger. Time used to mean something more back then, and getting older was welcomed. I don't think I feel the same way anymore.
The other night, Ted and I went out with a bunch of kids that we picked rock with, and we were the oldest ones, so we were the chaperone's. That was a whole new and strange experience in and of itself. I don't know if I am ready to become old enough to be a chaperon. I guess the sign of getting put into young women's should have woken me up. I am now old enough to teach the young women! Wow! I still feel like I am one of them, even though they are at least 5 years younger. Man, how time flies! Now I know why Ted keeps telling everyone he is only 25 years old, because it probably still feels like he is only 25. I still can't wrap my head around getting this old. Just wait till I am an old lady...listen to me already complaining about turning 24...I am going to be pretty winy about my age, I can already feel it.

3 comments:

Mike and Anna said...

Happy Birthday!! I feel the same way! I don't feel 25! I use to think that 25 year old women were so cool, hip, mature And I am one of them.. I still feel 18! Well I hope you had a marvelous birthday!

Anonymous said...

Joyeux Aniversaire! That's french for 'Happy Birthday!!' Hope it's a good one! Don't worry about your age. Listen to Elder Withlin's advice... "Come what may and love it!"

Sarah said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you and your mom have a great day! Love ya!