Memorial Day Weekend for our family is a little different than most. Since we don't have regular, 8-5 jobs, we get to work the whole weekend. We did, however, get in a little fun. Ted had his employees come out to our house for a BBQ on Sunday afternoon. It was the first time I had met a couple of his employees and their fiances, girlfriends, wives, friends, etc. It was good to see that all of them got along well, and their personalities meshed. It was also quite different for me to see Ted take charge of a whole group of people, and see how much they respected him. I guess that as an employer, your employees do respect you. I had never looked at Ted as an actual employer before, so that was a new sight. All of the employees absolutely love Ted...surprise, surprise. He is such a nice, lovable guy, it doesn't surprise me at all. Last night, Ted and I went out on a double date with one of my friends from Margene's Bridal. Shayla and I were great friends, and sold wedding dresses together before we both went our separate ways (college and married life). Shayla and CJ live up in Rexburg and are going to BYU-I, so it was fun to meet half way (in Idaho Falls) and catch dinner and a movie. We went to Night at the Museum, Battle of the Smithsonian. It was really good. If you want a family-friendly movie with some famous actors, go see this one. After dinner, we went to an ice cream place called SubZero Ice Cream. They make the ice cream right in front of your eyes, and you can pick and chose flavor, and what is in it. That was a lot of fun! As most of you know, it is great catching up with old friends you haven't seen for a while. Thanks Shayla and CJ for a great night. We need to hang out again soon! And thank you Ted's employee's for not trashing the house! Hope everyone had a great weekend and didn't work too hard!
2 comments:
I want to see that movie! I loved the first one; it was just so much fun! Its hard with the baby! And Im very lucky to have a baby as good as jeremy! So are you still trying to have a baby?
Well don't feel too bad Kay, you're not the only friend I haven't seen in forever. Even Tracie, who just lives down the road from my parents I have been unable to see since last July. Life is just so crazy when I go up and I've been sick most of my visits so don't think I don't want to see you cause I would love too but I literally have a full family schedule! I hadn't seen them in 6 months so they had my weekend already planned.
Post a Comment