Saturday, April 30, 2011

SOLD: We've Sold Our Home, and We're Movin' North























































































































So, we're moving to Island Park, ID for the summer. We have decided to rent a cabin up there, and start a business in West Yellowstone for 6 months. Because traffic is high during the summer months, we will work our little tails off, and then we will take a break during the winter and probably head somewhere south where it is warmer. Ted wants to do either a road trip from Alaska to Chile, or teach English in South America. We are tossing around a couple different ideas and entertaining all suggestions if anyone knows a good place to teach in South America.



I am sure some of you think we've gone mad. And, maybe we have.



As you can see from the photos above. We literally have everything that we could ever ask for, and more, in terms of worldly things. But, one day, we sat down and asked ourselves how happy these things make us, and were shocked at how little we use them. So, we have sold most of our furnishings, except for the essentials, sold my car, our camp trailer, and gave away tons of clothes and decorations, in order to de-clutter and simplify our lives. Let me tell you, it feels like a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders.



Sure, we got pennies on the dollar for what we had invested into our stuff, but it is just that, stuff, and it was weighing us down. Since we've sold our home, it opened a lot of doors for us. Home ownership is wonderful, and we are glad that we have experienced it. We will probably settle down again in another home someday. But for right now, who knows where we are going, but the world is wide open, with millions of possibilities.



I think it all started with a thought I had one day. If I was given only one chance at life, how would I live it? Well, thing is, that's all I have is one chance. So, I better make that chance and opportunity worth it. Besides, when I die, I want to take with me knowledge, friendship, love, and experience. These worldly things like furnishings, homes, cars, and all that I think I need, can't go with me. So, why not take advantage of all the amazing technology and freedom I have now? Live life to the fullest, and never look back.



Life is ahead of you, and you need to run at it!



Every second counts, and I hope to make every second of my life worth it.



Now, let's go and do some good. :)







7 comments:

Sarah said...

We're still in shock....I can't believe you're leaving! I wish you guys wanted to have kids! That is a very wonderful, fulfilling thing to do with your life. That is one adventure in life worth living.

Fox said...

Kaylee you have always been wild. I remember your dad always saying we sounded like a bunch of hens laying eggs and he was always telling us we were loud and wild. I'm excited for your new adventure. That is so fun that you can just pick up and go, your brave! I hope everything goes well and you two have the time of your life. Island Park and South America both sound awesome. What is your business going to be? I will have to try to get Dean to bring me up there so we can visit. Best wishes, Love ya!
Lindsey
afoxtale.blogspot.com

the garling ranch said...

Well, you both did a wonderful job with your stewardship over your Wickenburg property. It definitly was left better than you found it. I'm glad you got such great pictures to document that part of your life. It takes courage to follow promptings like that. I am so proud of you. It will be fun to see what lie behindthe next bend in the road.

Cristine Garrison said...

W-O-W!!!!!!

Valeen said...

You both amaze me. I think it is great that you follow your promptings. That is a scary thing to do sometimes, but I am sure you will be blessed for doing it.

Photos By Sari said...

Wow way to go guys! I know some people that will be glad to have you closer to home. I also hear that there is a lake in IP and I happen to have a boat that is always up to more riders. Maybe we could take you and Ted for a spin. I seem to remember that we always planed to do that.

Photos By Sari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.