Monday, January 19, 2009

Paint


Here are some pictures of our new paint job. So, we were going to paint the hallway yellow, but it wouldn't have looked good with all the brown and peach colors in the other rooms, so we decided to paint it the same color as the computer and TV room. It looks good! We are glad to have all the wallpaper gone! Watch, now wallpaper will come back in style and we will have to cover up our painting jobs.







This weekend has been a lot of fun! First, on Friday, Ted got the day off work and went snowboarding with his brothers, Josh and Zac. They had a blast.
Then, on Saturday, we ripped down our wallpaper in our hallway and painted it. Then, later in the day, we went to the temple with our ward. Right after the temple session, we had to run back down to the stake center and go to a church basketball game. It was funny, Ted has never played basketball before, so this was his first game. Now, most of you know what church basketball is like...physical. Don't worry, Ted only took out a few of the players that thought they were too hot to trot. I don't think they realized how solid Ted was, like a brick wall, until they ran into him and he didn't move. Ted was blocking the players like you would for football, since football is something Ted has played, he knows how to block. It was hilarious as he would take out the other players, then never get called for a foul...only in church basketball.
Well, our ward was playing the singles branch, and they all have really young, athletic kids that play sports...and they had like 12 players or more, which they would sub in and out like a hockey team. Our ward only had 5 players, so Ted, Adam (my brother), Shawn Stimpson, Ken Morgan, and Derek Furniss, ran up and down the court for an hour chasing these young kids. On average, the singles ward players were 5-15 years younger than our players. Anyway, by the end of the game, we only lost by 13 points, which was quiet the improvement...at the first quarter, we were trailing by 25, the second, 20, and we held at 20 until the last quarter, when we closed the gap by 7 more points. I guess our team didn't do too bad against them, the last team that played the singles branch lost by 40 points!
On Sunday, Ted, and his brother's Adam, Zac, and Jon all sang in our ward. My brother, Adam accompanied them on the piano. It was great, we got a new bishopric, and so the whole stake presidency and some of the high council was at our sacrament meeting. It was good getting a new bishopric. I felt bad for our old bishopric, they had been in for a while, and most of them had a lot going on in their lives that they needed to have some time for. It was good to feel the spirit confirm to us that the new bishopric was called of God. I couldn't stop crying all during the meeting...it was a little embarrassing. Anyway, Ted and our brothers did a very good job at singing, even in front of all those people. I would have passed out or something if I was up there singing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good! I'm hoping to be able to paint sometime soon, too... so you're providing a little motivation! :)

Sarah said...

It looks great! I totally need to see your house since you've made all these improvements to it!

Emily said...

Your paint job looks great! That is so funny about Ted playing church ball. I laughed right out loud. I'm pretty sure that's exactly what would happen with my no-experienced basketball husband. He'd block like football too!

Katie and Dennis said...

Hi Kaylee!
I haven't been getting around much lately. It was fun to see your paint job and hear about the men's game. Dennis has missed the past 2 games. He should be there this week. It is fun to go watch. I'm glad to know Ted is playing. If they all come they should have a sub or two! If I'm up to it I will come to the next game with Dennis. I always enjoy visiting with the wives on the sidelines.

Your paint looks wonderful. I have some painting jobs I really need to get done. I hope to get to them soon! Have you ever considered painting the panelling? Youa could paint it slightly darker than your top. Would look cool I think. My mom painted hers a few years ago and it looks wonderful! Just an idea to help modernize it a bit...

Katie and Dennis said...

P.S. Ted and his brothers did a great job singing!