Weber State against Idaho State
Ted in the middle of his fellow fans and friends
Ted and some of his old Cat Pack, now Purple Pack, friends 
Ted
Me and Ted
Me and Ted
Last night, Ted and I went to a Weber State Basketball Game at Idaho State. Neither one of us have been to a college game since we lived in Utah, so we were a little excited (to say the least). So, we got to the game early, and since Ted just graduated with his master's, he is still considered a student, so we used his student card to get a free ticket for him! Yeah! We love saving money! Anyway, students get to sit on the bleachers they set up on the floor around the court, so we hiked down there. Well, this is our first game at ISU and we have no idea where to sit, so we just grab a good seat, and think we are good.
The game starts, and more people keep coming, filling up the bleachers. I start to get worried because the seats we are in are really good, and it looks like we are surrounded by older people, not students. So, I keep asking Ted to ask the guy next to us if we are in reserved seating, but of course he won't; it is just like trying to get him to stop and ask for directions when we are lost, you know what I mean women.
Well, after a few more minutes, two people come, and start looking at us strange. Ted was like, "Oh no." Yep, we were in their seats. So, we get up and leave, trying not to be too obvious that we have no idea where we should be sitting, and walk to the top of the bleachers. As soon as we sit down, a big burly black guy comes up to us, and asks to see our tickets. So, we hand them over. He stares at us for a minute, trying to figure out what we think we are doing before he sends us over into the student section. Well, as you can see in the pictures above, Ted is all decked out in his Weber State attire, so all the Idaho State students are glaring at us. I think glaring is putting it nicely. Some of the students looked like they wanted to beat us up...literally. So, here we are, trudging through this crowd of Idaho State Students, all upset that we are even there, trying to find a seat, and can't find one.
Finally, in the far back corner of the bleachers, we find a couple open seats, so we decide it is good to stay there. Well, as soon as we get comfortable, tons of ISU students come up and surround us. Ted is standing there like nothing is wrong, completely unaware of these menacing faces that keep staring at us, but I notice, and cower into Ted like a little kitten clings to it's mother.
Anyway, we stay there till half-time, and Ted needs something to drink, so we go to the concessions, finding some of his friends from Weber, thank goodness. So, we follow them to the Weber Section where we aren't discriminated against. It felt so good to be surrounded by purple, and I must say, I am a Weber Fan! When the crowd was booing Weber, I couldn't join in, but when the Weber Fans were booing Idaho State, I was totally in there, yelling and screaming.
You see, when I was a little girl and all the way up until my family moved to Idaho, we were Weber Fans. In fact, my dad always bought us season tickets to all the Weber State Basketball Games. So, as I sat there last night, surrounded by Weber people, I couldn't help it but join in with the cheers (still remembering all of them from the games I went to when I was younger), and go up against my now, home state, Idaho. I think that once you have been brought up, or if you attended college at a college you loved (like Ted), you never change. At least, for Ted and I, we still bleed PURPLE!!!
Oh yes, and, WEBER WON!!!
1 comment:
Sounds like an adventurous night! Good thing you found some Weber State fans!
Post a Comment