Sunday, September 26, 2010

DownEast Basics

I started my new job just over a week ago...and I am really enjoying it. I can't believe how much work it is to build a new store, and I am building two in three weeks. I am exhausted, to say the least. We have to unpack over 1200 pounds of clothes, hang them or fold them perfectly, steam the clothes that are hung up, and then organize the store. We also have to assemble fixtures, and get the security, computer, and sound system working. All in all, it has been an extremely busy last week and a half, and I have another two weeks before it is over for my Arrowhead store.
The Tempe store is up and running, and I love working there. It is an outdoor mall, so there are lots of people who come just to hang out. The night life at the mall is great! They have concerts and all sorts of nice places to dine. They also have a theater, and bowling and billiards, so that makes it popular for the younger crowd. But, I can't wait to open Arrowhead so I don't have to drive so far.
We are starting the Arrowhead build-out on October 2nd, and the store opens on October 8th, so it should be a fun week! Right now I am trying to get all my hiring done. That has been a challenge. I have tons of resumes, but it is hard to find people to trust and depend on to run a store. I have two girls from my ward hired, which I am way excited about. And, I still have about 5 to 6 more people to hire in less than a week. Wish me luck!
I will post pictures when I started building out the store! :)
Oh, and if you don't know what DownEast carries for clothes, check out their website! They have the cutest clothes, all under $60. The clothes are sooo comfortable and modest...which is a huge plus! Outside of Utah and Idaho, it is hard to find clothes that are modest, so DownEast is a big blessing to people who want to dress modestly, and still look and feel good.

www.downeastbasics.com

4 comments:

Sarah said...

So excited it's coming to the mall! I'm sure everything will come together great!

Emily said...

Kaylee~ You are one busy, successful lady! I love Down East too and hope your hiring and opening go smoothly. Your house looks amazing and like so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Wow Kaylee I'm impressed that your opening your own store! It's definitely hard to find cute modest things sometimes! Good for you!

the garling ranch said...

How exciting!!! You will hasve more of feeling of ownership after going through this. Sounds like a ton of fun, and alot to look forward to. Proud of You!
Karleen