As for my job, I start training on Friday!!! I am so excited! I can't wait until the three days are over, and I get to start making money again! For those of you who don't know, I got a job with DownEast Basics. Next Monday, I start interviewing people, and get to put together my store team! The projected open date is set for October 8th, and we get a brand new store in the Arrowhead Mall. It is going to be a lot work getting it set up and ready for opening. Yippee!
‘Remember: Life is too short to wake up with regrets. So love the people who treat you right. Forget about the ones who don't. Believe everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said life would be easy, they just promised it would most likely be worth it.’
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Home Projects
Some sunset pictures to start off with, and then we will get into the fun stuff!

All finished for the fence!
Can you believe the gate is thirty feet long? You will if you try to push it! It is HEAVY!
Just about done.
Installing the rod iron.
Cleaning the extra dirt out of the inside before cement gets here.
Pouring cement around the outside.



Workin' hard!
It amazed me that they mixed their own type of cement mix for the bottom of the pool by hand. This reminds me of stories my father told me as a child. When him, his father, and brother built homes in Utah, they mixed all their own cement, and moved it with wheelbarrows. They did this everyday all day when they would pour a foundation. We have it so nice today, because of our ancestors and their hard work!

Progress...
We had the people who built our fence come out and help us build the inside of the pool. They are some dang hard workers!
Still smiling after working for over two weeks on this thing.
Before the liner

Pool liner getting stretched into place.
Watching the pool fill up with water. At this rate, it is going to take a week!
Working at home can be a lot of fun, especially when you have a couple major projects to work on. As you see, Ted got a little creative while I was in Idaho, and we are finishing them up. The fence is all done! Yea! And the pool is getting there. We still have quite a bit to do on the pool, but at least we are marching along. We work on it before Ted goes to work, and after he comes home from work. We can't wait until we get to use it for enjoyment!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Those are good projects to have though. I cant wait to see the final picture of your pool. Good luck with getting everything together for the store. Hope all is well for you guys!
Those are good projects to have though. I cant wait to see the final picture of your pool. Good luck with getting everything together for the store. Hope all is well for you guys!
You guys sure are hard workers. It looks like it is all paying off. Enjoy the first dip! Good luck with the new job, you will be great!
Post a Comment