Secondly, I have to say how cold it is! While I was there, the average daytime temperature was between 60 and 70 degrees. The night temperature got down to freezing one night! Sooo cold!!! I had forgotten the wind as well. It seems like there is constant breeze, which is nice on the days it gets above 80 degrees, but on the other days, it makes it jacket weather.
I had a lot of fun spending time with my mom and brother. We worked on the combine header for a couple days, diagnosed and fixed breakdowns, moved linears, moved pipe, drove tractors and trucks, combined the grain, loaded trailers with hay, and talked on walky-talky's all day. It has been a good year since we have spent so much time together, and it felt good to get to closer with both of them.
Adam is starting to fill out through his chest, like my dad. It is crazy seeing him bulk up. Since we were young, he resembled my Grandpa Hancock, but he is taking on more of the Hales side now. Adam and Morgan's little guy, Pierce, is seriously the most precious person I have ever met. He is constantly smiling, and is incredibly smart. He is learning how to wave, can already say mama and papa, and will say "hey" if you aren't paying enough attention to him. He grabs things, and moves his arms with skill. When music is playing, he gets excited and makes noise, like he wants to sing along. He is already pretty much standing on his own, and even though his is only 6 months old, he is fitting into 12 month old baby clothes. Such an amazing and intelligent little man. He looks identical to Adam, and loves people. The whole time I was there, he didn't cry, which is quite something!
My mom is doing well. She is dating, and doing a lot of activities with her friends. I can't believe how young she looks! She has lost about 30 pounds, and is as skinny as me! This isn't a huge shock, because she is already tiny, but she looks really good. We went shopping together, and had a lot of fun. She enjoys going dancing on the weekends, and sings in an LDS singles chior that performs once a month at special firesides and events. A couple weeks ago, Craig Jessop from the Mormon Tabernacle Chior, came and directed them. My mom loved it. Like always, she works too hard. I only got a couple hours of down time to actually talk to her, but she likes staying busy, and the farm is her love and life. She still has the horses, cats, dogs, and chickens. It is incredible how she keeps up with everything. She outworks me, and I am 35 years younger than her! What an amazing woman.
Lissa, Ted's little sister, came down and spent a couple days with us on the farm. It was great having her around. She is very intelligent and bright. We went up and visited my friend Miriam, and we both noticed how fantastic she is with kids, and how she has a good head on her shoulders (meaning she is very grounded). When I have kids, I am calling Lissa for help and advice. She is very talented at playing the piano and singing. In the mornings, she would play our piano and fill the house with a harmonious spirit. I really set the stage for a wonderful day. Lissa is in the stage of life where she is trying to figure out who she is, and what she is supposed to be doing in life. The decisions she is making will influence her life forever, and she is already aware of that. I wish I was on top of things as she is at her age. She is going to go far in life, and have a great impact on many for good.
Jon, Ted's brother, came down for a night and it was an immense blessing for my family. He gave my brother, Lissa, and me, a priesthood blessing, and stood with Adam as he blessed my mom. It was incredbile. Jon has a powerful spirit that is beyond description. He has huge dreams, and I believe he will fulfill them. After his mission (and probably school), he would like to start a college, because he would like to have an impact for good upon the world, and he figures being a founder of a college would be a big sphere of influencing people. This dream is a wonderful thing, which could, in fact, touch the lives of many. I believe that he can fulfill this dream. He is going to be a powerful missionary. His testimony is strong and vibrant. He has a spirit deeper than the ocean, and he sees more than I could ever imagine. We had the opportunity to talk for a couple hours, and he amazes me. It is uplifting being around him. Seeing someone who has achieved a spiritual power that literally controls the human body, is beyond words. I admire and look up to him. He is a wealth of inspiration.I also got to spend some time with my mother and father-in-law. They are truly amazing people. They have so much going on in their lives, and they have raised brilliant children. I look at each one of the kids, and see potential beyond grasp. I feel truly blessed to have in-laws that are full of love, respect, and honor. I cherish them everyday, and feel priveledged to be a part of the Garling Team.
I spent an afternoon with my friend Miriam. She is adorable! She has a new little baby boy, Cammon, who is precious. He is so tiny! After holding Pierce, Cammon feels like a feather. Adney, her oldest son, is such a good brother, and loves his little brother. He will kiss him, and make sure Miriam is taking good care of Cammon. Kyle and Miriam gave Adney some rabbits, and he loves them. He showed us his rabbits, both black, and loves to chase them around their pen. We went to the park and enjoyed the sun, and a little squirl that kept the kids entertained. Seriously, this squirrel would let the kids chase him, then take food from them, and climb a tree. It was too funny! Miriam is an incredbile mom, and takes excellent care of her two boys. She is an inspiration to me. She is another person I am going to be getting tips from once I have kids. :)
I spent a couple hours with my friend, Katie. She is pregnant, and having a baby boy December 15th. I am sooo excited for her. She is starting to show, and it is too cute! She is my friend who helped Ted and I move to Arizona with her husband, Jared. She is still in young womens, and takes on a lot of responsibility. She amazes me with her creativity. She makes the most beautiful scrapbooks, cards, and home decor. If only I could have an eye for detail and creativity like she does!
So, while I was in Idaho, I had this awesome thing done, called Foot Zoning. Basically, it is reflexology, but more intense. I loved it! It is incredible how much healing can be done through pressure points. Now, I am on the search for a good foot zoner in Arizona, because it is amazing! I have never had anything like this done before, and it by far, outdoes anything else I have had. Ted needs to go, and get balanced, so I am on the prowl.
Well, this has turned out to be a really long post. I guess a lot has happened in 3 weeks. Hope all is well for everyone else! It is GREAT to be home!!! I missed Ted so much! I doubt I will ever have an extended stay like that ever again. It is too hard being away from the one you love.
3 comments:
Reading your post made me miss Idaho! I guess Arizona and Florida are in the same boat: hot hot hot! I am already missing a good Fall where all the leaves turn color.
And call me crazy but I'm missing seeing rolling hills and farmland. Idaho is a special place.
But your home in Arizona looks so nice and i bet it is so exciting to have a pool put in!!!
Hope all is well and love you tons! You are a hardworking, beautiful, awesome person! (And so is Ted :)
Wow Kaylee! You are one amazing lady:) From working so dang hard, to taking GORGEOUS pictures, to making lovely watches... wow! I REALLY love the pictures you took of the grain, especially the one with the sky in the background! Good luck with your pool!
Ok. I finally got time to sit down and ready your post. It was long but fun to ready! I have to ask what type of camera do you have? You take really good pictures. I do have to say from what I know of you, you are creative.
But I have to ask did you know about the pool going in before you got back? Or was it a big surprise? It will be nice having a pool.
I am glad to see that you had to have a jacket. I had to wear one when it was that tempt. there and people thought I was crazy but living where its warms does that to you.
You are a very hard working woman! I could not have done what you did for 3 weeks. Deven took me out in a potato field one day and I will NEVER go back. I still have yet to go.
How fun for you to see some family and friends while you were there.
Post a Comment