Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Last Day in Hawaii (Pearl Harbor)







These pictures are all of the USS Missouri. She is as long as 3 football fields, and can go 40 mph. She is also the oldest and last American Made ship.
This is a submarine in the harbor. It was very cool looking.
All these pictures are of the USS Arizona Memorial, and the ship. Can you believe that there are still over a thousand men entombed in the ship under the water? It is humbling walking across the memorial and thinking of all the men that lost their lives that day. They were fathers, husbands, brothers, and sons.



















We went to Pearl Harbor on Sunday morning, and got to see some of the remains of that infamous day. It was so sad to see the memorial and the names of the men that died. War is such a terrible thing, and to think that we are in an ongoing battle with the middle east is just as sad. I think we should still do things the way they used to in the olden days, and have the leaders of the countries lead the battle. I think we would have a lot less fighting if it were still that way.

1 comment:

Mary Mathews said...

I should have checked your blog sooner. I love all the pictures! It looks like you had so much fun! I cant wait to go one day! I love the beach. I could live on it. But I dont camp so the hotels will do just fine for me. I hope your girls camp goes well. I couldnt imagine camping for girls camp. Good Luck!