Sunday, June 21, 2009

Rexburg Rain




So, the other day, my mom, Ted, and I all decided to go to the temple on one of Ted's rare day's off (which hardly ever happens). So, as we were heading to Idaho Falls, we realized that the IF temple was closed. Luckily, there is a temple in Rexburg now, which is only an extra half hour from the Idaho Falls temple. Needless to say, we decided to go to the Rexburg temple. Sorry Miriam, I would have called, but it was a rush!!! Well, the temple session was amazing, and I loved the beautiful artwork and design of the temple. If anyone heads up to Rexburg, definitely stop by for a session. It is well worth it.
On another note, I can't believe how much rain we are getting. It is crazy! We haven't had one dry day for three weeks. Out on the desert where we live, we have gotten ten inches of rain. That is more than we get in a whole year! And, there is a river out there that is called the Lost River (it is usually dry), but this year, it is flowing strong! The snake river looks like it is going to overflow anytime now. There is only about a foot until it hits the bottom of the bridge in Blackfoot. Already, we are getting some flooding around the river. I wouldn't be surprised if there is more. Sadly, our crops are getting ruined too. Our hay is falling over, and it is starting to mold at the roots from all the moisture. With the grain, there is a beetle that is beginning to surface that is ruining the crops of grain. Crazy how it is nice to have rain so we don't have to worry about shortages of water, yet it can have a not so welcoming effect too. Now, we are all praying for good weather.
Girls camp is this week! I am leaving on Tuesday morning and will be back Friday. I am way excited! I just hope that the weather will be merciful and stay sunny the whole time! Camping in the rain is never fun! Well, pray for us to have good weather and a great girls camp this year! I am hoping that both will come true! And, I hope everyone has a fantastic week! I will post pictures of girls camp later this week. We also have Ted's brother, Josh's, wedding open house on Saturday, so maybe I will get some pictures from that too! Love you all!
Oh, and Miriam, next time I come to Rexburg, I promise to call!

No comments: