We had a lot of fun up at Jackson! The first night (Thursday) Ted and I brought up our dutch ovens and cooked BBQ Chicken, Cheesy Potatoes, and Peach Cobbler. We all just sat around the dutch ovens at the condo and talked. It was fun! Ted's dad and brother Adam came up and ate dinner and stayed with us the first night. There was me, Ted, Jimmy, Verusca, and Windsor that all stayed in the condo. It was such a nice condo! It was 3 stories, 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 bath, with a nice kitchen, dining room, porch, and living room, and had a beautiful western theme. It was just recently remodeled, so it was all brand new stuff inside, which was way over the top of what we were expecting. It was also located perfectly for all the activities we did.
Anyway, the second day (Friday) we went through the Grand Teton National Park. We went to Jenny Lake and rode a boat across the lake and hiked up to this waterfall called, Hidden Waterfall. It was beautiful! I couldn't believe how many people were there. Later that evening, we went to the Million Dollar Cowboy Steakhouse (it is under the bar) and had dinner. It was really nice. The food was great, and priced accordingly. After dinner, we walked around town and went to the Alpine Slides. They were way fun! Then we got ice cream and went to the local Jackson County Fair. It was way fun! They had an awesome animal petting zoo we went through, and then we went on a couple rides. One was like the Tidal Wave at Lagoon, and the other one was crazy! I can't even explain it, but after you get off the ride, you can barely even walk. So, that was a full day and a fun night!
The next day (Saturday) we went rafting the Snake River. It was a lot of fun. I had been on the river once before when I was in junior high and remembered it as way scary. This time it wasn't scary at all, but just really wet! We went on a small raft that carried only 6 people, so it made it more wet and fun! Rafting took most of the day. So, that night we went to Bar J Wranglers. It was fun! A lot of their jokes were the same as last year, but they played a lot of new songs that were awesome! The dinner was way good too.
On Sunday, we packed up and moved out of the condo in the morning. Then, Ted and I decided that we would drive up through Yellowstone on our way home instead of going back with the rest of the group through Driggs, etc. So, it was a lot of fun! We ate lunch at the Signal Mountain Lodge, and it was so good! We got to eat out on the deck and look over the lake...way pretty! Then, we drove up to Yellowstone and stopped at Old Faithful. I remember thinking that Old Faithful was huge, but it seemed a little smaller than I remember this time. I think it is probably because I am older and have grown up since I last saw it. But, it was still way cool. I couldn't believe how many people there were there (probably over 500)! Anyway, we finally finished our park drive and came home. We are so glad to be home! Just after we got home, Adam and Morgan came over and watched a movie with us. Everyone fell asleep but me (like always), so it was another late night! All week we stayed up late and hung out...so I am excited to be getting to bed a little earlier from now on out...hopefully! This week we have the Romrell Family Reunion, and Ted's birthday...so I am sure I won't be getting too much sleep! :) Well, I hope that all is well for everyone and life is treating you all wonderful! Love ya!
No comments:
Post a Comment