Ted and me at the Chico Horse Barn waiting for our horses to be saddled. Our little friend, the chocolate lab, is Chloe, and she was a permanent attachment to our party the whole time. Cute dog!
Chico Hot Spring Gift Shop next to the stables. They had the BEST Italian Sodas!
On the horse ride
Ted on his trusty mustang steed
Me and Ted on our horses. We seriously need to get Ted a horse like this!
Ted and me with the waterfall at the end of our hike

The waterfall

Yep, I am now stronger from the hiking

Ted is so cute! He lets me make him pose and take pictures. What a good guy!

Yes, you are seeing this! I am going for a hike! P.S. I LOVED IT!!! Surprise, surprise!

Ted in his trust Vibe!

Me and the valley

Ted at the Chico swimming pool

Me, ready to go swimming

Ted, wanting to sink his teeth into the flaming orange dessert
On the horse ride
The waterfall
Yep, I am now stronger from the hiking
Ted is so cute! He lets me make him pose and take pictures. What a good guy!
Yes, you are seeing this! I am going for a hike! P.S. I LOVED IT!!! Surprise, surprise!
Ted in his trust Vibe!
Me and the valley
Ted at the Chico swimming pool
Me, ready to go swimming
Ted, wanting to sink his teeth into the flaming orange dessert
Okay, so I know that the title of this sounds impossible, but it really is possible! On Monday (yesterday), we woke up early and got some hot breakfast at the resort. Delicious egg casserole with sausage, salsa, and who knows what else to make it taste so good. Then, we went for a trail ride up into the foothills by Chico. Now, since I have ridden horses my whole life, I was thinking, "Oh great, riding horses that can't even think on their own except follow the horse in front of them for a couple hours... No problem!" Well, was I ever wrong! These horses were no deadheads! Funny enough, the guide gave me the hardest horse to ride, and he had an attitude! He would go around and pin his ears at the other horses, who all ran from him like scared children. Even Ted's horse, who was a mustang/draft horse would run from him. Well, we got on the trail, and those horses really kept us on our toes. We saw some deer and buffalo on our horseback ride, which was quite the sight. After the ride, we took a nap and relaxed in our hotel room. Ahhh, so nice. Then, we went for an afternoon hike up a beautiful canyon to a waterfall that was breathtaking. The pictures don't do it justice, and the hike was a short, but intense one. After the hike, we went to dinner, eating the best duck, Fillet Mignon, and lemon roasted chicken, along with the best vegies on the planet! No joke! When we finished up with dinner, we had a flaming orange... which is a delicacy at Chico. The have an orange peel, filled with ice cream and sour cream surrounded by chocolate syrup, that has been frozen for hours. Then, they top the orange with whipped cream. As they bring it to your table, they pour rum over the orange and whipped cream, lighting it on fire. It burns the rum for a couple minutes, then it is ready to eat, melted chocolate syrup and ice cream inside an orange...mmm...mmm...good!!! After the dessert, we went for a swim in the hot springs to relax and rejuvenate our bodies from the long day. Oh, it feels so good...there really is something in the water up there! And, that was our day!
No comments:
Post a Comment