Friday, September 12, 2008

Eastern Idaho State Fair and some Very Important Events

The last look at the grain harvest sky, and glad it is over for another year!
We baled up some of our straw into small bales so we can bed our animals for the winter. Here is our load of straw for our pups.

We have just finished up swathing, so this is my mom driving the swather back to the shop to clean it and put it away for the winter!

I am the relief society chorister, so I lead the music each week...well, I also have to pick the hymns we are to sing, and then let the pianist (Katie) know which songs to practice for the upcoming Sunday. Well, this bag that Smokey is in, is my hymn book carrier for Sundays. I was getting the hymns ready on Wednesday, and he jumped in the bag. Now, the bag is rather small, so he got stuck head first in the bottom of the bag, but eventually popped his head up out of the bag. So, I snapped this cute picture. He loves boxes and bags, so this is really no surprise, but it sure is cute!

Patches protecting her bone as she sleeps on the lawn.

Tippy protecting her bone as she sleeps... So, the dogs fell asleep close by each other on our lawn, and they both were protecting their bones (as you can see in the last two pictures), and it was so funny to see how they were both laying the same way with their bones between their front legs! If you are wondering why they protect their bones, it is because they both want each others, and so they will fight to get them and then fight to keep them, so even when they sleep they have to keep them away from the other dog. Too funny!

Here is another one of our magnificent sunsets. We got all done with our grain harvest and we are now doing our hay harvesting (3rd crop). We have gotten everything swathed, but now we are raking, and Adam is going to start baling tonight. We are also trying to get all of our straw bales hauled from off the farm. It is taking a long time trying to get all the work finished up. It seems like you plan on doing one thing for the whole day, but you end up doing a million little things that lead up to that one big thing, and they end up taking the whole day to do. Anyway, it is moving along. Yeah!

This is a way cute jacket that I found at Gottschalk for only $15! I absolutely love it! It is trendy and comfy at the same time, with an affordable price! (don't mind the laundry in the background, as you can see, I have been way too busy to wash our clothes).


I colored my hair this last week. Here is how it turned out! It has lightened a little now after washing it a couple times, which is good, because it was a little dark. As you can see, this is late at night in the kitchen (I look so tired)!


Sorry this is so blurry, but it was hard to take a picture that night for some reason


Ted and me at the concert


This last week was the EISF! It comes to Blackfoot every year, and so we love to go to it, since it is so close to where we live! We went in to the Joe Nichols concert and the ImPRA Rodeo. The Rodeo was awesome! Definitely one of the best rodeos we have been to all year. And the concert was good. We were really impressed with the crowd. Usually, when you go to concerts, there is tons of screaming, swearing, drinking, people making out, you know all that yucky stuff, but at this one, it was more down home family-oriented, which was really nice. We won a free lawn chair too! We also love going to the fair, because there are people from all around that come. We saw one of our old chior directors, Brother Castleton (which will mean something to all my Nauvoo friends), and we also saw another Nauvooite, Valerie Housely (I hope I spelled that right). I can't remember her maiden name, but she is married and has a cute little boy, Issac. It was fun seeing her again. And, then of course you see lots of locals that you know. It is just fun actually having something big come to a small town.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kaylee! This is Melissa Robertson, remember me? I don't remember how I found your blog, but it's great to see how you're doing! :) You take some amazing pictures of the harvest and sunsets, it's beautiful here isn't it? Anyways, take care and keep in touch!

Miriam Lusk said...

Yay Brother Castleton! I love him.

Love your hair too.

I miss you, lets play soon. k?