Monday, September 29, 2008

Last Loads

Here is the sunset we had one night when we were finishing up for the day.
Here is the sunset we had for one of our last days of hauling hay.

The sunset is reflecting off the front grill of the truck.
This is Adam unloading the semi in front of me. I was driving the truck (pictured below) and my mom was driving the semi. Adam makes it look like loading and hauling the hay with the tractor is easy, but it is an art.
Here is one of our last loads of hay we brought in this fall.




We have finished loading and hauling our hay and straw! Yeah! Lets all shout for joy!!! Now, we are turning back on our pivots and getting ready to start plowing up our ground. We are hoping to get at least 120 acres planted with winter wheat like we did last year. And we want to get the rest of the 600 acres of wheat ground plowed up this fall so we can plant first thing this spring.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I bet it feels so good to be done! I can't believe winter is almost here. It still seems like to me that it just got over!

Emily said...

The Lodge at Stillwater looks really nice. We just might have to check it out sometime! Some of the houses here are outrageous, huh?! They're sure fun to look through. Your yard looks very nice. And you take some great pix. I love them!

Katie and Dennis said...

Wow! It has been a long time since I've visited your blog! You have a lot of new stuff! Your yard is looking so awesome! I should drive out there sometime. Good luck with your raspberries. Ours our so grassy, we actually mow in between the rows. Pathetic, I know. But it is kind of funny. But they do produce berries! It is so fun to pick them.

That is cool you went to Heber! We go there sometimes because Dennis' sister lives there. I love driving through that beautiful canyon!

Your sunset pictures are wonderful!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. You are so sweet, Kaylee! Thanks for your friendship. I appreciate it so much!