Saturday, September 20, 2008

Looks like Rain...

I was following my mom yesterday (she's in the tractor) in my truck as we were hurrying to another field to get some more hay hauled before the rain came in today. She is the toughest and hardest working woman I know. I got to drive the semi and she loaded me with hay. I mean, what other woman do you know will drive a tractor all day and all night, while still working on a million other things that need to be fixed and done on the farm?
The rain puddle outside on our driveway. It was really cool seeing how quickly the rain came down and made a puddle. I remember being out in Missouri on a trip and we got caught in a flood. The rain out there is like 100 times stronger than the rain out here in the west.

The rain from the gutter is coming out pretty fast. There is a nest of wasps that we can't get to in this rain gutter, so I am hoping it rains hard and their nest gets washed out of it.


Our lawn and bushes look very green when the sky is gray and it is raining.



Outside our back window, the storm had some pretty strong thunder and lightning, which always makes it more exciting.




Today is a glorious day! We have been so busy trying to get all of our 3rd crop hay in, that we haven't had a chance to sit down and relax a little. So, I think the Lord decided to give us a day to rest and so he sent the rain. We can't go out and haul in the rest of our hay or do too much out in the fields, because with the tractors being so heavy and the ground being wet, we would sink into the ground. We have a neighbor farmer who is trying hard to get his potatoes harvested. He has been running the trucks since 7 am this morning and they all have been going like mad. He is probably going to have to stop and wait until the rain passes too. His truck drivers will be happy, because they will get to slow down and take a little break. Well, I am excited, because I get to clean my house and do some long-needed chores around here, like washing clothes. Yeah! I hope all of you enjoy the rain! today too!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Looks like you definitely had a pretty good storm! I bet it feels refreshing after spending many days in the hot sun!