Monday, September 29, 2008

Home Work

Here are the new bushes we planted where we had the insanely overgrown bushes before in front of our house. I think I might plant some tulips inbetween the bushes too. Let me know what you think.
Any of you who have been out to my house, know how we had these insane bushes that overran the sidewalk up to our front door. Well, we decided to get rid of these little annoyances. So, we hooked the pickup up to the bushes with a chain and pulled them out. (I think this was Ted's favorite part of the day.) I am so excited that you can actually see our sidewalk!!!

Here is another pile of wood we got. We have to split this wood and stack it before winter. I think that Ted has recuited his brothers and Dad to come out to our house this conference weekend and split wood with us. He said it used to be a family tradition for their family to split wood on confernce weekend. I say, lets keep the tradition alive, because more hands make lighter work.


Here is the wood after we have dumped it. It comes nicely sized, and it is easy to move (with the right equipment). Now, we have to stack it all, and hope that we can get it all ready before the winter comes.
We were getting ready to dump this load at our house. I have a video of it coming off of the truck, but it wouldn't load for some reason. It was way cool how it fell off the truck!




Here is one of the loads of wood we got on Friday. Look at how proud Ted is of his hard work.






Ted got the day shift off of work on Friday, and then worked the night shift, which was nice, because we got a lot of house work done. We have been getting ready for the winter, so as I have mentioned before, we have been wood hunting. Ted found some great wood for us! It is like he is our little squirel that collects nuts for the winter. Ain't I so lucky?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your bushes look so good! Looks like you guys are getting a pretty good wood supply also!