Saturday, September 13, 2008

Rosario's Baby Shower

Here is Rosario opening some of the gifts that she recieved.
Since I was the photographer, I figured I needed to get a picture of me as proof I was there, even though it turned out like this.



We were all enthralled as Rosario was opening her presents. I think that all the cute baby gifts are the mesmerizing, because they are all very creative and thought through.


It was nice to see how Spanish and English sisters came together and mingled with each other.


Everyone is so happy to be there supporting Rosario. She is such a sweet lady!


Here is some decorations we put up. The balloons were my part, and Dianne picked these beautiful wild flowers out of her yard for the center piece.


This is the beautiful cake that I purchased from Wal-Mart for Rosario. Ted told me that I should just make the cake, but I could never compete with something as good as this! And it was also very tasty!



Here are some of the decorations we had in the house! Look at all those balloons! The long skinny ones had these little faces on them. The kids loved them.


Rosario and Dianne cutting the delicious cake!


All of us gathered around to watch Rosario open presents. There are still quite a few people on another couch you can't see, and in the kitchen getting some yummy food! We had people bring a dish of food to help us so that we didn't have to make it all, and that was the best idea, because every one's food was so delicious and it all went together very well!


I am a visiting teacher to the Spanish Sisters in our ward boundaries, and so I get to know all of them very well. I absolutely love all of them. They are very nice, welcoming, and sincere. Most of them do not speak English, so a lot of the time, we speak Spanglish. It is fun, and we still get to know each other very well. Anyway, one of them is pregnant, and so we decided to throw her a baby shower! It was so much fun! We had quite a few people come, which was good, because you never know who is going to come so you just plan for more than expected. So, thankfully, we had plenty of food, and Dianne Clark (my visiting teaching sister) was nice enough to let the party be held at her house. We had a lot of fun decorating. She is a painter, so she has a big imagination, and I got to blow up all the balloons! There were like, 30 balloons, so I was exhausted by the time it was over. But, it was a lot of fun, and here are some fun pictures from the shower! Hope you enjoy!


We love you Rosario and hope and pray all will go well with your delivery and baby!!!

2 comments:

Katie and Dennis said...

I am really glad I went to Rosario's shower. It is really fun to meet new people and she was so sweet! The decorations were fun and the food was fabulous. (Sorry, I didn't know I was supposed to bring anything!) Thanks so much for your work to put it on! So fun!

Sarah said...

Looks like you had a rockin' shower! What a good turn out!