Saturday, November 8, 2008

Twilight


So, life is slowing down for me right now...and I like to stay extremely busy or I get depressed. Also, now since it is getting cold outside, I can't be outside so much anymore, which is also really depressing, so I am trying to find things to do. Well, I applied to a couple of jobs yesterday, and then I am going to be trying to keep job searching for a job that I really want. I am so indecisive when it comes to a job. I want so many different things from it, and it just seems like there is not "perfect" job for me. It is kind of frustrating. Anyway, enough about my job dilemma.


I am reading the Twilight series as most of you have already known for a while now. Yes, I am way behind the times for this book. Ted bought me the whole series thus far. I have read the first book, Twilight, which was rather interesting, suspenseful, and frustrating. The characters have a lot of issues which makes it rather complicated. I am still in awe that I am liking a book about vampires. I have never been into the whole scary vampire thing, but this seems to be a little different than that. I thought it was a little strange that the characters could fall in love with each other so quickly. And, I was a little creaped out by the whole vampire way of life. I know they are trying to be normal, but can you honestly go against nature forever? I think the reason why it is so good, is because you are always wondering "what if" or you want to know if something is going to snap and it would be all over with. It really has a lot of description, which makes you feel like you are there with them, seeing what they are seeing, and doing what they are doing, which is awesome. I had to keep reminding myself that I was still at home, not at school with them, or running with them. The last part of the book, I could not put down! It was so intense, and I was very worried about what was going to happen to Bella and her mom. It is an overall great book, and I am really glad that so many people have suggested them to me, and I am actually getting into them. Ted and I finished reading the first book last night about 1 am, and I am way excited to start the second book! I just really want to know what is going to happen. So great! I am sure that all of you know about the movie that is coming out this month. I am wanting to go to it, even though it is PG-13. Ted and I have made this pact where we only watch G and PG movies so we don't get caught up in all the crap that is in movies. Maybe I will wait until some of you have went. Then, you can tell me how the movie was, and then we can decide if we want to go or not. Well, I hope everyone is doing well! Love ya!!!

9 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm glad your into the book! I'm so excited to see the movie! Let me know how your job searching turns out!

Mary Mathews said...

So, I have to say the next 3 books are just as good as the first! I got into them too. I had a hard time at first but now I am hooked. I also can't wait to see the movie! Good luck with the job hunt.

Miriam Lusk said...

Job searching is SO not fun. You are such a great employee that I am sure you will find a job in no time. I sure love you Kaylee!

Randy and Tasha said...

I'm obsessed with Twilight. I admit it. my favs are books 1 and 3. I hope you like them as much as I did.

Katie and Dennis said...

I didn't like the 2nd book as well. But see what you think.

Dennis has already reserved us tickets to the movie. I'm a little sad that it is PG-13 too and we don't watch them either. But I keep thinking that Stephenie Meyer wouldn't let her movie be too bad. Maybe I'm justifying it. I hope it is okay!

Did you know you can read 250 pages of Edward's story online at stepheniemeyer.com. I liked it too.

Kristin said...

You know I am reading the fourth one right now. I succomed to the constant raves about this series and started reading them in harvest. That's cool Ted is reading them too. I am actually going to a Twilight party in Pocatello to see a private showing of the movie and a before and after party. We get to be picked up in a limo! I can't wait.

Diane said...

HELLO!!! We didn't know you two had a blog. We happened to find you on Kristins blog. How are you two doing?? I was reading that you're searching for a job. Good luck on that. Don't hestitate to look at our blog dcbyui.blogspot.com

Emily said...

I'm the same way when it comes to jobs. I think that the perfect job would be a stay-at-home mom. Hopefully someday we'll both get to try that out! And you're not the last person to read Twilight... I'm not giving into the peer preassure, yet! :)

Mike and Anna said...

I love the series! I coudn't put the books down! I read the first 3 in a week. I am in total agreement with you....you do feel you are with them. I even had dreams about edward and Bella. They are the best books ever! My sister bought the midnight showing of the movie... I am very jealous. Its kinda hard to see movies with Jeremy. Enjoy the books and let me know how everything else is going!