I know I talked a lot about what happened during the middle of my day in the blog before this, but I also wanted to share what happened later in the day... I called my friend Sarah, who is getting married in June, and we chatted for a while about wedding plans, her dress (which is beautiful), and all the exciting things that are happening and will be happening in her life in the close future. This was fun, because as we were talking about her dress (all you that have been married will understand this), I asked her about her bustle on her dress and if she had one. You need it if you have a train on your dress and are getting married in the temple in your dress. So, she didn't know if it had one, so while she is talking to me, she starts pulling her dress out of the bag...it has tons of layers of fabric on the bottom part of it, so it is sooooo poofy! As she is pulling it out of the bag and trying to find the bustle, she can't find it on the outer part of the dress, so she dives under all the layers frantically searching for it. She keeps saying that all she can see is white, and how heavy her dress is. Finally she reaches the middle of her dress and finds a fabric hook. Then she goes searching for something to hook that onto. A couple minutes later, she has found a button, so she hooks it onto the button and swims back out of her dress. She thinks that is it, but it looks weird, so she dives back under her dress and can't find the button for another couple of minutes...finally she finds it and unhooks it, agreeing that she will just ask the store if it is bustled when she takes it in to get pressed and cleaned. Exhausted, because this took about 20 minutes, she stuffs her dress back into the bag. She wonders why it won't fit, and I ask her if she rehooked the train over the hanger so that it makes it less tight at the bottom of the bag and won't wrinkle the dress...she says...oh, that's why...Luckily everything turned out okay, but it was so funny listening to her talk on the phone and try to do all this while getting lost in her wedding dress.
After this, I talked to my friend Lindsey, because I needed to get her address for Sarah so she can send her an invite. She sounded like she was so busy with trying to get ready to go do her visiting teaching, making appointments to do nails, and running around the house trying to find something to wear...while talking to me. It was almost exhausting to me just listening to her trying to get this all done at the same time, but she still made time to talk to me...which was so nice! Thanks Lindsey!
Then, my friend Miriam called and we set up a lunch date for tomorrow with Katie at my house! Yeah! I am so happy they are coming down to see me! I really hope they like coming down and seeing me! I seriously cannot wait, because Katie has never been to my house, and Miriam hasn't been out since we have done some major remodeling. So, I will let you know how that goes.
When I was done planning the lunch date with Katie and Miriam, I called a sister a work with in relief society to give her the hymn numbers for church on Sunday...for all of you who do not know, I am the relief society chorister. So, I get to stand up and lead music every week. Let me tell you, it is so hard to lead music and sing! I usually end up two to three counts off beat and miss sing words. Most of the sisters in the ward do not notice, but the ones who know how to lead and sing at the same time, just sit there and smile while trying not to laugh at me. It is pretty embarrassing. In fact, a couple sundays ago, I read the scripture at the bottom of the hymn that goes along with the song to introduce our practice song, then actually stood up straight, sang and led at the same time, and smiled! After relief society was over, every one of the presidency members came over and told me how good I did. It was so hilarious!
Anyway, this has been a busy day...there has been a few more phone calls in there, but I feel like I have expounded more than necessary today. I am just so talkative and excited for the rest of the week! Talk to you later!
No comments:
Post a Comment