Saturday, I went over to Maria's house with Dianne. Maria is our new friend from visiting teaching. Since she invited us over, we went and made Tamalis with her. They we delicious. It litterally took four hours for us to do. We went to her home at 1:00, and didn't leave until 5:00. I was shocked! Ted told me that it was an all day event, but I didn't know he was being serious. It was great though, because we got to watch some of her home videos of her family and their home in Mexico along with events they have done up here in America. It was amazing watching the videos and seeing the different culture and language. I loved listening to Spanish and learning more. I feel like it is such a blessing to have her in our lives so that we can begin a new friendship that will likely last forever. She can speak pretty good English, so we mainly communicated that way, but she didn't know all the words, so we would discern what she was trying to say through actions, and explainations. After we visited with her and cooked up the deicious dish, we ate for a while. The Tamalis were delicious! She showed us how to make the Tamalis from scratch and how to cook them, etc. Dianne got some pictures, so hopefully I can get those from her and post them so you can see us having fun!
Later on Saturday I worked with cute little Susie (the girl I am helping with Junior Miss), and we did her hair and makeup, and had her model her clothes she is wearing for the contest. It is in two weeks! Okay, less than two weeks now. I think that I am going to be going crazy trying to finish up on all the finishing touches we need to work on with her. She is doing amazing! I am so proud of her. If any of you have thought of any good questions to ask her, please let me know...it is getting down to the wire. I have to tell you, she is wearing this beautiful orange and red dress for self-expression! It is amazing! She got it from Margene's. Also, she had her grandmother make this gorgeous blue dress for talent. It has a short train and looks so great on her. I think that she is going to do amazing! I will let you know how she does.
No comments:
Post a Comment