Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Life is oh, so good!

Today has been so crazy! It feels like I have been here there and everywhere! So, my day started at 7:30 am, where I worked out for an hour. Then I hurried and fixed breakfast and packed a lunch for Ted (I pack him lunch because he is at work all day, and I want him to eat healthy, not gross mall food). After Ted was out the door, I cleaned up the kitchen, and the house (because it always seems to get dirty-probably because we live on a farm), then I showered and got ready, drove over to my visiting teaching companion's house and got some stuff ready for our visiting teachers. We went and visited the sister's (we have six sisters we visit, and they are all Spanish sisters-most of them speak only Spanish, so it can get confusing). All the sisters we saw were so sweet and welcoming! I think that the Spanish people are the nicest people I know. Then, I took her home, ran into town to do some shopping. That was fun, but expensive! Went and got a wax, then came home, made sure the fire was still going in our house (we heat our house with a wood-burning stove, because it is so expensive to buy propane), cleaned up the house and got a bite to eat, made phone calls to several friends and sisters in the ward to make plans for church callings, and future events coming up. Now, I am here writing again. Oh, the life to live, I know... My life is pretty worry-free and easy, I must confess. Ted will be coming home in a couple hours, and I will need to have dinner ready for him, so I probably should be getting going soon.
I do have to tell a cool story about what has happened to me today though...As we were visiting teaching, there is a sweet sister we visit, and she speaks a little English, so we can sit and have a short conversation in Spanglish. It is fun though, and she is probably going to be coming to our ESL class this spring, so she is going to be learning more English. But, we were talking with her, and she was teaching me Spanish, and I was helping her with English, and you could feel the love and spirit so strong! Even though we really can't communicate or hold out a whole conversation, we were still able to help each other and connect in a different way...through the spirit. I have never had this happen before, but I would imagine it is what missionaries go through when they are still trying to learn a new language and connect with people. See, these sisters are not our religion, they are just in our ward's boundaries and they are assigned to us through relief society. It is so nice though, because we look out for them and care for them as our own friends and families. Well, after we had our learning session, she invited us over for Tamalies (I don't know if that is how you spell it) on Saturday, and we are going to continue learning each other's languages. I am so excited! I am going to be able to meet her kids (because they are usually in school when we visit), and we will be able to continue that friendship we are forming. When I first got called to visit these sisters I was nervous and anticipating what it was going to be like, but now, I hope I stay teaching these sweet sisters forever. I will have to le you know how Saturday goes! Talk to you later!

No comments: