Saturday, August 16, 2008

Busy Week!!!

Ted went with my mom and I to dump a load of grain. So, I had to get a picture of him out being a farmer, since we don't have any to prove his hard work out there. The wheat we have been harvesting the last couple days has been the wheat that he has watered and taken care of all summer. He has done an amazing job, because we are yielding really well! Way to go Ted! He is quite the farmer boy! Maybe we will convert him yet!

Is it just me, or does Smokey have a Mo/Fro hock??? here? I think he had been licking his paw and then rubbing it on his face, and then gave himself a new hair-do! I love it! He must be trying to fit in with all those "cool kids" who do this at school!

Okay, so I got a box shipped to me from Bath & Body Works (because they had an awesome sale, so I had to get some great deals online), and as soon as I got the stuff out of the box, and then put the box by the back door, so I could put it in the garbage, Smokey runs over to the box and jumps in it. I seriously could not get him out of it...then he fell asleep in the box (as you can see here). I just couldn't stop laughing at how funny and cute he looked, so I snapped a picture before he woke up...I thought this was just too cute! Whoever says animals don't have feelings or any personality, is so wrong!!! This cat has enough personality for a whole person!


Ted and me wearing our cool 3-D glasses for the movie "Journey to the Center of the Earth"



Ted and me at the movies! (Our once every couple months "Date Night", Oh how we love them)




This week has seriously, been the busiest week ever! We have been harvesting all week, and there have been a couple repairs that have taken us some time, but for the most part, the combine has been in the field and the trucks have been on the road. On top of it all, we have been blessed to have Ted's little sister down this week (which I mentioned in my last post, was a lot of fun). We even found a little time to go school shopping...which is exhausting in and of itself! I was only in the mall with her for a couple hours, but for some reason, it felt like we were in a busy prison with lots of people rushing around trying to beat you to the next store...(we went to the IF Mall). I was disappointed in our shopping experience this year, because everything was so picked over, there was hardly anything we liked in any of the stores, and all the on-sale stuff was almost all gone, and the rest of it wasn't worth looking at. Anyway, we got her a couple of shirts and they were so cute on her! I also showed her how to do some online shopping so she could get a better selection of stores and clothing at better prices. I think she was pretty excited about that. Last night, Ted's Dad stopped by and stayed the night with us on his way home from Malad. He has been working down there and just got a day or two off before a really busy next week, so it was nice having him here for a night. We also had a wedding reception of one of my friends from high school to go to last night. That was way cool, because I got to see some old friends from high school. All of you know how that goes...it is awkward , fun, and crazy all mixed together. I saw one of my friends, Ashley, and she is so cute and sweet! I swear, she couldn't give me enough compliments, and it was a little embarrassing (in a good way though). Her and her husband are so cute together, and she is working on her master's degree down at Utah State! Go Ashley (she is such a great achiever)!!! I also saw another one of my friends, Katy. She is on baby number three! It is so crazy that she can have that many kids and be my age! I think she must be a wonder-woman, because she looked beautiful and poised under all the pressure of being a mom at such a young age with so many kids! Anyway, Ted and I also got one night out this week, which was much needed from all the craziness of family, friends, and work. We went to the movie, "Journey to the Center of the Earth". We loved it! It was in 3-D, so we got to wear these cool glasses, and it felt like you were in the movie. It is by far a must-see movie! We recommend it to everyone! The acting and special-effects were amazing! I think we might go see it again, and then definitely buy it when it comes out on DVD! Well, I have went on and on, and now I need to go get ready for a baseball game. Adam and Morgan got me and Ted tickets to a Chuckar's Game up in IF tonight, so we are going to get a night out on the town with the newlyweds! Yeah! Love you all, and hope all is going well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's so great your hard work is paying off with all your wheat and hay. Good job guys!! Not a lot of people could do it. I would be taking naps in the field while everyone else worked.
Your cat is too cute!! Our cats LOVE to get inside boxes and paper bags. they just go in it and stay for a while. Every time we come home with new bags and boxes they are right there trying to get in. Cats have a lot of personality. Love them.
Anywho.. have a great weekend.
V