Ted, Adam, Morgan, and my mom after dinner. We love eating on the back porch in the fresh air. It seems to make the food taste better too! How do you like Adam's bib? Adam and Morgan are always into mischief or teasing each other. It makes for a lot of fun.
Chrissy was sitting and waiting for us to feed her some of our food all night.
Here is cute little Shasta with her chew toy.
This was the sunset from my mom's backyard last night. The sun is starting to go down so much earlier now. We are all so sad summer is almost to an end.Sundays are my favorite day of the week. It is a day where I actually get to hang out with Ted all day and relax with the family. I also love going to church and being spiritually edified. This week it was Stake Conference, so we had meetings on Saturday and Sunday, which was great! There was also the Twin Falls Temple Dedication yesterday. We were going to go to that, but I wasn't feeling to good, and Ted was tired, so we slept through it. But, if we would've went, we would have been in church meetings all day, literally!
We also went to Ted's cousin's farewell yesterday. He is going to be such an amazing missionary. He is going on a Spanish-speaking mission, and he can already speak Spanish fluently...in fact he bore his testimony in perfect Spanish yesterday! Wow! Ted is amazed at how fluent he is...he says he sounds like a return missionary, not a future missionary. Anyway, we are going to miss Taylor. He is such a nice young man! Speaking of missionaries, Ted's little brother, Josh, is coming home from his mission in December! We are all so excited for him to get home. He is such a spiritual and uplifting person. We are hoping that Ted's brothers (Adam and Josh) will be roommates at BYU-Idaho together, because they would have so much fun together! Adam already graduated from Utah State last Spring, but he needs two more prerequisite classes to get into graduate school. We are hoping that he will stay close to home for grad school, because we just love having Adam around!
Yesterday, we had a great dutch-oven dinner at my mom's house. If you haven't had some of her dutch-oven cooking, you are missing out! We had BBQ Chicken, Cheesy Potatoes, Fresh-picked Beans and Squash, along with some Peach Cobbler for desert! It was sooo good! We watched the movie, Nim's Island after dinner, and it made a perfect night. We have a lot of fun all being together. Usually, we are all working hard and don't get to really socialize, but this was a good break from work and a good socializing opportunity! Anyway, I hope that every one's weekend was fun too! Now, it is back to work!
3 comments:
Sunday's are awesome! It's the only day Brenton and I get to spend together too. Looks like you guys had a very nice, fun, relaxing dinner. Chrissy and Shasta are looking happy and cute!!
Thanks for the tag! It was fun to do and yours was very nice to read. I loved the detail. You are a great writer and blogger!
Sundays are soooooo hard for me! I get 6 kids to church by myself and then supper is delayed by 2 hours until Dennis gets home. Sacrament meeting is a workout. I shouldn't tell you this because you will not want a herd (or flock or whatever you call them) of kids. But I just felt the need to vent for a minute I guess. I know Sundays will get more peaceful as the years pass. But please, for me, keep enjoying your Sundays. You will probably be in my shoes someday!
Post a Comment