Friday, August 29, 2008

Finishing Up (Finally)

The sunset last night as we were pulling the trucks in from the field
Adam with his BIG combine...When you see these huge machines out in the field, they look quite small, but when you are next to them, you see how big they really are! This combine probably weighs around 40,000 lbs!

Loading one of our trucks


Adam finishing up with the combine for the night



The grain field at sunset




One of our trucks and the sun setting behind it a couple nights ago





We have been so blessed to have a wonderful grain harvest this year! We have yielded well, not too many breakdowns on the combine, the trucks have run smoothly, and we haven't ran anyone off the road, yet! We are on our last half of our last pivot, and so we have about a day and a half left. It is nice to see and end to so much work and progress. We will be starting hay harvest this next week, so we will be busy again with that, but we are glad to have most of the harvesting done for the year. Only one more crop of hay to finish up with! Yeah! Adam and Morgan are going back to school on the 8th of September, so we are trying to hurry and get as much work done as possible. The fall work (plowing, discing, and planting the ground) will have to happen between the days Adam and Morgan have class, because my mom and I are going to be doing the hay harvesting full time. It will only take a couple more weeks, hopefully, before we are done!

4 comments:

Miriam Lusk said...

Sometimes, Idaho takes my breath away with its beauty. Your sunset pictures always do that for me.

Kristin said...

I'm tired just reading your blogs. But I love harvest season!

Sarah said...

I bet you guys are relieved to be done!! Good luck with the hay!

Katie and Dennis said...

You guys are so awesome! I am so impressed that you and your mom keep your farm running so well. It is just amazing to me! I bet you will miss Adam and Morgan!