Friday, August 22, 2008

Good Times

Here is one of my favorite shots I have gotten so far. Adam is about to unload the wheat into the semi (you can see the unloading auger coming out of the combine on the right). It was one of the last loads of the night.
Here is another one of my favorite shots this harvest...it is Adam and Morgan driving out of the field after a long day of work.

There must have been a fire last night, because this is what the sky looked like. It was really pretty, but you hope that a farmer didn't lose any grain fields from a fire.


Nice truck and trailer huh? I also love the very nice sticker job Ted did on the door of the truck.



Here comes my mom out of the field.




Here is my mom driving the semi out of the field after being loaded by Adam in the combine. You can see the combine out in the field with lots of dust around it. When there is the dust from the wheat, you don't want to breathe it because it makes your nose runny and it also makes you cough...no fun! Trust me, even when you are used to the dust, it still makes you sneeze, etc.





I hope that everyone is not getting sick of seeing my harvest pictures. I am just so excited about showing off all of our hard work to everyone...plus, this is my first full-time harvest, so it is a new experience for me too. I have always been going to school or working, so this harvest is much more eventful and exciting than the ones before. Plus, I love riding in the big truck and dumping the wheat off at the mills. I never knew how hard it was to drive a big truck or semi until now, and let me tell you, it is the hardest thing ever...so if you are driving and see a truck, slow down, move over, or do whatever you can to get out of their way. I know there are a lot of scary truck drivers out there, but if you had to think of all the things they have to think about while driving, you would be a terrible driver too! Trust me, I could never drive a semi in my life! I would probably end up in a wreck on the first trial drive, seriously, and I credit myself as a dang good driver. Anyway, enough of that, I hope you enjoyed the pictures, and I am sure I will be posting more soon!
P.S. Ted and I moved lots of pipe today. He really wanted everyone to know. It is a lot of hard work, especially during the middle of the day when it is the hottest in temperature of the day. But, it was fun hanging out with him during the day, which usually doesn't happen because he is working hard at his store everyday.

No comments: