Thursday, August 21, 2008

Fall Colors

As you can see, I love wheat so much, I decided to get myself some and keep it in the house. Morgan and I found some stray wheat on the ground and collected it up so we could keep some in our homes. It is so pretty and adds a touch of country and the outdoors into the home. I made Ted stop and get his picture taken before he left for work this morning (as you can see, he has his lunch pail in hand). I thought he looked so cute today, and he was wearing very similar colors to the plates and decorations on the table. It is just an all-around great picture I think. He said he felt like a model, because I took a million pictures (the lighting was weird, so each picture turned out very different).
Here is one of our wheat fields. We have been harvesting for almost two weeks now, and it is going really well. My mom and I drive the trucks up to the mill (grainery), and my brother gets to combine all day. It is quite the team effort. Morgan either gets to ride in the combine, drive trucks, or help out some other way on the farm to help keep us going too. We got to move some pipe the other day, and today we will be moving a lot of it, so I am getting myself ready for a hard day of work. I still think moving pipe is better than picking rock though.

I was doing laundry the other day, and for some reason, the dryer was taking forever! I could do three loads of wash easily in the time it took for one load of clothes to dry. So, I decided I would use our old-fashioned clothes line in our yard to dry the clothes. I was very glad I did, because the clothes smelled so good (like fresh air mixed in with a sweet scent of lavender), and I was able to get a lot more wash done than usual.






This was the beautiful sunset that we got the other night. I have always been amazed at how the sunsets are so astonishing out here, but they just seem to get better and better every time. Sometimes I wonder if it is just because we are in harvest and after being out in the sun all day, it is nice to get a little color instead of just brightness in the sky.

3 comments:

Whitney & Charlie said...

The best part of harvest is when you get to see the sunsets every day! That's what always kept me going after a long hard day!

Sarah said...

Your kitchen table is so cute!! The wheat adds the perfect country kitchen touch:)

Sarah said...

Hey! I'm tagging you! If you don't want to do it I understand! To find out what to do go to my blog:)