Here is Adam in "the hot seat", his combine. As you can tell, he loves it up there...but after a whole days worth of driving it, I think he is glad to be done for the night.
This was the beautiful sunset we got out on the farm.
Here is a picture of the sunset tonight. I love these shots out in the wheat field. As you can tell, I can't get enough of them. Hope you all enjoy!P.S. I have a funny story...and it is true...Okay, so you know how I have been blabbing on about the the harvest and driving trucks, etc., well, up at the mill, there are these workers who help you to get your truck pulled correctly onto the unloading crate, they make sure you are unloading your truck into the correct bin, they help you unload the trucks, and they really just make sure everything is running smoothly. Well, when we first started to go to the mill, everyone was kind of nervous and didn't know if they should talk to you or not and it was really awkward. Those of you who know my mom, will enjoy this next part...so my mom takes it upon herself (unknowingly) to talk to everyone and make jokes, get to know their names and where they are from, and so on. I think at first everyone was like, "who is this lady?", but now everyone loves her. Whenever they see us bringing a truck in, they literally drop what they are doing and come right over. Then, they talk and laugh, and just have fun. It is nice though, because I think that things can get really busy and stressful up there for them. There are hundreds of trucks that come several times a day to dump grain off, so it keeps them on their toes. Anyway, just one of the great talents of my mom, and what a way to brighten and lighten the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment