Sarah got me! I am glad that she explained on her blog what this whole "tagged" thing means, because I had no clue. I guess what you do is, write five things about yourself that nobody knows or that is unique to you. Then, you tag five of your friends. So, all you friends out there, be ready, because your name might be at the end of this post and then it is your turn to be "tagged"!
So I am not very good at this stuff (because Ted, Sarah, and Miriam probably already know everything there is to know about me), but I guess I will try and be creative.
I am extremely afraid of the dark! I know that this may come to a bit of surprise to some of you, because we live in the middle of nowhere so it gets pitch black out here at nights, but it is true. When I was little, I enjoyed camping out on our lawn at our house at night, but I would be so scared that I would pull all the zippers into the tent and try to make it impossible for anyone to get in from the outside. To this day, I will not go camping out any further than our yard in a tent because I am so petrified! Oh, and I do have "night-lights" in my house. I have always had one in my bedroom since I was tiny, and I still do now. I think Ted hates it, because he loves the dark, but he bares with me well.
I love the outdoors, but hate the bugs. I love being out in the dirt and working hard, but I absolutely hate the grasshoppers, spiders, flies, bees, etc. that are also outside. I think it would be a perfect world without the insects. When I watched the "Bee Movie", I still didn't have any feelings for those little bees. If it weren't for them pollinating my flowers, I would be out there with the wasp spray all day trying to kill them.
This is something that is a little strange, but it is the way I am...Every since I have gotten married, I am scared to death to talk to any male human being that is within like 10 years of my age. I know this is weird, but I think that part of it is, because I am the type of person that really likes to talk to people and get to know them, and I don't want to give the wrong impression to them that I am interested or like them more than just friends. So, like I have had this friend and we've been friends since I was in high school, and he worked for my family last summer, and he is in my ward, and his family and my family are really close (him and Adam (my bro) are really good friends), and we know each other really well, but I am like too scared to talk to him now. He barely got home from his mission right before Ted and I got married and so I really haven't even said more than "Hi, how are you?" to him since four years ago. He just barely got married, and I can talk to his wife with no problem, but I still have some blockage in my brain that will not allow me to even congratulate him. Anyway, I really hope I get over this soon, because it is something that could effect me once I get kids and they want to play at the neighbors house, but I can't take them because I am too afraid to talk to their friends' Dad. Yikes!!! If any of you have any advice or tips on this one, let me know, please!
I never decided on a major while going to college. This is a strange one, but it really does explain me perfectly. I am one of those people who cannot decide in life as to what I want to do or be. In my childhood, I would always just do what Adam did. Up until I graduated from high school and went to two semesters at college did I kind of decide that I was going to be different from Adam. I am glad that Adam was such a good role model, because otherwise we both could be off the deep end. (Or maybe we are, and just don't know it. If we are, please let me know!) Anyway, after I got into college, I would change my major to the same major that the person I was dating was taking (weird, I know. Ted says it is just because I am so versatile I literally could do anything. Awww, isn't he so cute!). So I went from Ag Business, to Sociology, to Physical Education, to Child Development, to English, to Communications, to Business, and finally to Generals. I decided on Generals after I met and married Ted, because I really just wanted to be done and I had most of my Generals done. Now, I am looking back and wanting to do Home and Family Education. But, I would have to re enroll, and I wouldn't be back into school until the Summer Semester at the earliest, and by then, I am hoping and praying I have a baby either here or on the way.
My greatest life experiences have been with my family (Ted and his family included here). It doesn't matter if I have been working, playing, learning, or just sitting and talking with my family, every moment we have had together I cherish. I never knew how much one person could change so many things in a family until my Dad passed away. I always felt like he was the quiet and unchangeable one, but he taught us so many great life lessons that are already impacting our lives for good. I would just like anyone who is reading this to think of their most favorite memory with their family. Then, give them a call and reminisce. Let them know how much you love and appreciate them. They are one of the main reasons why you are where you are today. So let them know you care, because you never know when that opportunity might not be there.
I "Tag", Miriam Lusk, Katie Smith, Kristin Palmer, Whitney Andersen, & Emily Harding!
Have fun!
P.S. I actually learned a lot about myself by putting these things into words.
3 comments:
Kaylee! I had no idea you were scared to talk to men! I totally understand that. Your outlook on men (besides your husband of course) definitely changes when you get married!
You got me! I kind of have the same problem with talking to men. It can be kind of awkward, and I am a pretty flirty person naturally. But I try to just put on a "professional" face and watch what I am saying so that I don't get too friendly. Haha
I am glad to know that someone else has a hard time talking to men. But I was scared of them even before I got married. This is dumb but I am still somewhat nervous around teenage boys (except my own son and his friends, which is good...). It is truly a miracle I got married because I am so very shy around guys of any age. I think Heavenly Father was watching out for me. I'm so glad!
Post a Comment