Thursday, October 9, 2008

Fire, Clouds, and Sunset

Now since it is getting super cold, we have had to start up our fire place to keep our house warm. We started burning wood last night. It was so nice to feel the warmth coming from the fireplace. I can't believe how well it heats our home. It kept our house at about 75 degrees all night long, and into this morning. We are not running it during the day, because I am going to probably be out diking pivot tracks, and Ted is at work, but we will get to build another fire tonight. It was so funny seeing Ted get so excited to build a fire. I think it is quite the accomplishment to get everything ready for a wood stove. There is a lot of preparation. I like just flipping the switch on for the furnace, but it is a little more economical and a lot more hard work to have the fire place heat the house.
This was the sunset we got the other night as we went to Twin Falls to see Melissa and Jake. We were crossing the big Snake River Canyon as I took this picture, but it was too dark to see the canyon. Too bad, because it was so breathtaking.

We got Shasta to ride in the truck with us the other day. As we were passing all these other truck drivers, they would laugh at us. It is probably pretty funny looking seeing a dog sitting in the middle of two people in a truck.
My mom was trying to steal the camera from me in this picture so that I couldn't take any more pictures of her. It is pretty hilarious, out here, there are mainly only men that work out in the fields... so my mom and I get some pretty funny and amazed looks as men drive past us while we are out doing all this farm work. When I drive the tractor, a lot of people recognize it, so they will wave at me, but once they notice it isn't Adam, they all do a double take. The other day my mom and I were out hauling some hay to a couple of our neighbors. It was a beautiful day with big fluffy clouds. I figured it was probably one of the last days of sunshine and good weather we were going to have, so I took advantage of getting some last minute pictures in. Notice how fun all the clouds look...like you could jump from one to the other and they would be as soft as cotton.

2 comments:

Mike and Anna said...

Idaho is so pretty! I'm so jealous of the sunsets. I hardly get to see sunsets here. Its kind of muggy! But I still love it here. I miss you guys so much. I wish we lived closer!

Sarah said...

You and your mom are so funny! Good ole' shasta! Sorry you can never get a hold of me! Call me on Friday's, Saturday's or after 5 (that's when I get off work).