Monday, October 20, 2008

Spiders

After we got all of our basement cleaned up this last Saturday...we put some of our food storage downstairs... Finally! I have always been too scared to go down there, but now I am not as scared. Anyway, we cleaned it all up, and after having the gross smell in our house, we thought it would have killed everything that creeps, crawls, or walks. But, it hasn't. Sadly... Just barely there was this little spider that came running across the desk in front of me. I hate spiders, so I freaked out. Luckily, I regained my composure and tried to kill it, but it is one of those super FAST little brown spiders that are almost impossible to kill. The only way I can kill them is to get a fly swatter. Point of the story is, I can't believe there are still spiders in my house. If anyone knows how to get rid of pests like spiders, please let me know. I have tried a lot of things, but there must be more.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

That is not fun! I have tagged you, so look at my blog and follow the directions! (If you want to)

Sarah said...

The first thing I thought when I saw the post title was how much you hate spiders!!! I remember you, me and Ted killing those HUGE ones around your house last summer. Those were creepy! However I have no tips for you except to call an exterminator. I'm on the verge of doing that myself.

Katie and Dennis said...

When I see a spider I kill him knowing full well he probably has brothers lurking somewhere. I comfort myself with the fact that spiders kill other bugs. Dennis refuses to exterminate even hobos because they prey on some other noxious bug(what could be worse that a hobo? But he is the scientist, not me. So I have to trust him.) Good luck!