Our cute little dogs Tippy and Patches were riding in the back of Adam's pickup while I was driving behind my mom, as we were transporting a tractor from one house to the other to get equipment hooked up to it. So, as I was driving along, these dogs come out from one of our neighbor's houses and come running up to the truck barking like mad. Well, our dogs aren't much to back down, so they are barking back, and acting like they are going to jump out. Well, me being the protective person I am, I try to speed up, which is short lived, because my mom is in a tractor in front of me that only goes 15 mph. So, I roll down my window and start yelling at this guy's dogs, and try to yell at my dogs to stay in the pickup. Well, I stopped while yelling at the dogs which gave my mom a chance to get ahead of me a ways, so I stepped on the gas. I didn't realize that Adam's pickup was so fast, but it shot out from underneath me and the dogs. Tippy, realizing we were moving again, and wanting to get the neighbor's dogs, leaps out of the back of the pickup. Of course, it is a long fall, so she loses her balance and falls. I was so shocked that I slammed on the brakes (his brakes are amazing too), and tried to hurry out of the pickup to save her from the other dogs and her own stupidity. Well, I had my seat belt on and I couldn't get it off. I had the truck in drive, so the door wouldn't open because it was locked, and I was trying to get all these things to work so I could get out. Finally, after about 10 seconds of delusion, I got out of the pickup, and got back to Tippy in time that the other dogs didn't get her, and she was okay from her fall (I thought). So, I loaded her back into the pickup and caught up to my mom again. Well, as we went past another neighbor's house who has a dog, their dog comes running out chasing me. Oh my gosh!!! Can I not get a break? So, my dogs start going crazy again and act like they are going to jump out of the truck. My mom sees what is going on, so she moves the tractor over to the side of the road and motions me to pass. Well, just then our neighbor pulls out of his driveway and put puts along past us. He almost stops and stares...which blocks my way to pass my mom. Upset, my mom speeds up, and I take off to pass her. Adam has these really loud pipes on his truck which makes it sound super tough (which we all love, because it is only a half ton) so as I take off the pipes roar and scare our neighbor so he finally moves out of the way a little faster. Luckily, I got past my mom and the stupid dog only chased us down the road a little more before giving up. Upon arriving home, I quickly got the dogs out of the truck and into the kennel. I was pretty upset by the whole situation. They both looked to be okay, so I just left them in there. Well, by the time Ted got home, and we were going to split wood, I checked on the dogs as I walked by their kennel, and I noticed that Tippy was only walking or hobbling around on 3 legs. So, I hurried into their kennel to see if she had broken her leg or something. Luckily, there is no break as I can tell, but she must be extremely bruised up and really sore, because she won't put any weight on her leg. We are hoping she will be okay. Anyway, that is my long and dramatic "Poor Tippy" dog story.
1 comment:
Oh my gosh what an experience! I'm sure she won't be trying to jump out of a truck again any time soon!
Post a Comment